Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Christian Fundamentalists...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Christian Fundamentalists have yet to crash planes into buildings, webcast live beheadings and more recently hang 8 year kids from tree branches.

my point being that whilst any fundamentalist is a danger to society, i'm of the opinion that the Muslim ones commit the worst debased atrocities.
Christian fundamentalists have done plenty hangings of various ages

They also like to publicise their higher tec videos with explosions etc

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Christian fundamentalists are kinda past their peak now. They were in their prime from about 300 AD to the 1700s. If they had aeroplanes and high explosives of the modern kind a few hundred years back then no doubt they would have been just as bad as some of the worst of the Islamists are now.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Christian fundamentalists are kinda past their peak now. They were in their prime from about 300 AD to the 1700s. If they had aeroplanes and high explosives of the modern kind a few hundred years back then no doubt they would have been just as bad as some of the worst of the Islamists are now.
Agreed.

Although I will at least say that the Christian and Catholic fundamentalists were far more into torturous killings than the blanket genocides, hangings and beheadings of today. We got loads of cruel and unusual punishments tucked away in our little history that make hanging seem like a nice way to go out (which is, of course, why it was implemented to such a degree after cruel and unusual punishments were disallowed) - Catherine wheels, HD+Q, Crucifiction. Not to mention the capture, torture and death of a large portion of women.

In reality, it's more the fundamentalism aspect that I'd say causes the worst - religion regardless.

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
Agreed.
In reality, it's more the fundamentalism aspect that I'd say causes the worst - religion regardless.
Indeed, Google "the katyn forest massacre"
and about the christian and catholic fundamentalists, if we remember back to Ireland or even now, a catholic man was murdered by a IED under his car the other day (23rd i think) and even as early as the 1970's when we where there for the 2nd time there are several cases of crucifiction as well, for example an ex solider once told me they where doing there routine patrol and as they turned the corner there was a fence, and on it there was a man strung up by nails (i believe he was catholic) i don't even think he was dead, i also think that crucifiction is a much worse way to die then being hung.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
There seems to be this new religion called "oil" that super powers seem to think justify atrosities. Look up civilian casualities in the middle east at american hands, from memory as British casualites passed 100 Iraq casualites of the war were passing 80,000 , mostly civilians.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Christian Fundamentalists have yet to crash planes into buildings, webcast live beheadings and more recently hang 8 year kids from tree branches.

my point being that whilst any fundamentalist is a danger to society, i'm of the opinion that the Muslim ones commit the worst debased atrocities.
Instead, Christian fundamentalists invade countries, backed by the US armed forces... :rolleyes:

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
history has never been my forte so I'll concede my previous post was perhaps a little too naive in heaping all the "blame" on Muslim fundamentalists.

@Buddha3: Bush wasnt a fundamentalist (as far as I'm aware) or are you implying that all Texans are inherently Christian fundamentalists?!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
@Buddha3: Bush wasnt a fundamentalist (as far as I'm aware) or are you implying that all Texans are inherently Christian fundamentalists?!
Have a look at his beliefs and do some research in his speeches. The guy oozes biblethumping craziness. As do a scary amount of Republicans. The only reason we don't see them as dangerous fundamentalists is because we are culturally akin to them. That's all.

Now, whether Bush actually believes the religious nonsense he spouts is another debate, I personally doubt it. In the same way that I doubt Osama Bin Laden was as pious as he wants the rest of the world to be.

Oh, and the word fundamentalist is not synonymous with extremism. A good friend of mine is a strict Salaphite, a Muslim fundamentalist movement. It has made him a better person and VERY non violent.