Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chronicles of War

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
I guess...tha first Gulf 'war' always confused me, what with the obnly army involved being tha US/UK alliance, but hey - I'm slow on tha uptake sometimes. I leave things like that up to great men like the Bushes.
At the risk of continuing this O/T Threadjack I think you are referring to the Second Gulf War TJ

The first was between Iran and Iraq in the 1980's

Common mistake ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Trinity, good call but Lambini's real downfall was (is) the pharmacopia of dubious legality he partakes of whilst listening to that mega-decibel racket. ;)

And as for you, Maestro, if you want to get off on your usual commie pinko rant start a new thread. :p

And Hotpoint, dammit, the same applies to you, buster.

Ve vill haf ORDER! [Oh, my. Could that remark be construed as disrespectful and if so, am I infringing on other's freedoms?]:rolleyes:

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by Trinity

When fantasy, sci-fi or war themes are introduced it is to aid the player to become some one else for the day and to increase their enjoyment and participation.
Also when you introduce a story line people tend to be more creative, with the addition of costumes and props, just look at the thousands who play Dungeons and Dragons, and big games already.
In this respect any game is educational,
I beleive under any circumstance, to use this WW11, the Vietnam war, or any other conflict is wrong.
They only way it will stop is if we stop playing them or speak out and say we would prefer not to.
What are we going to do about it?
The highlight reel.

What are we going to do about it? Well, beyond voting with your feet, which is what I choose to do, paintball could get it's act together and create it's own mythos and fantasy by making paitball a sport. You see, you do that, and players will want to be "like Mike", and not "Lik Ike", if you get my meaning.

The ultimate "Scenario Game" would be people, kids, playing on a field, pretending to be say "Bob Long" or "LaSoya". You can't destroy the ultimate fantasy, but you can modify it.

-Tyger

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
The ultimate "Scenario Game" would be people, kids, playing on a field, pretending to be say "Bob Long" or "LaSoya".
Or Tyger:eek: :eek: :D

Hundreds of people running round in tyger ears and tails

Now that is scary;)

Alien

Furby

Naughty Paintball God
Mar 28, 2002
Norman Park, Georgia
www.thefordreport.com
Interesting you should mention that, Rob...

Remember a couple of years ago I joked around with you about a Tyger vs. Furby Scenario, similar to the MXS/Viper "Clash of the Titans" Scenario, which pitted Viper vs. Pacman? I still think it's a smasher of an idea, and I think you'd probably have the edge since you're quite a bit more well known than I am. So long as you let me have the MXS and Op Force Paintball people, I'd be more than willing to give it a go...

Just a thought....