Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Classifieds Update - Important Information

NinjaDan666

The Showstopper
Oct 29, 2012
Leicester
I haven't read all through this thread, but is there a count on messages I post outside of classified? Or will I know when I can post on classified by trial and error? Maybe classified posts shouldn't count to overall post count???
Excuse me if this is a n00b question. (y)

Zadda

Mar 17, 2013
Cumbria
I can see why this has been implemented and think its a good idea for new accounts but surely members that have bought before without any problems should be exempt from the rule, just my thoughts.

Reactions: 401kill

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I can see why this has been implemented and think its a good idea for new accounts but surely members that have bought before without any problems should be exempt from the rule, just my thoughts.
its 10 posts. Not a PHD. Its there to annoy/deter people coming solely to scam you lot, by creating an account and instantly having access to the classifieds. Its either this rule, or the previous minefield.

401kill

Mar 7, 2013
Aberdeenshire
its 10 posts. Not a PHD. Its there to annoy/deter people coming solely to scam you lot, by creating an account and instantly having access to the classifieds. Its either this rule, or the previous minefield.
I have purchased twice from forums before this rule was implemented, paid as soon as I received a PayPal link and would hope that the guys I bought from would agree that we enjoyed very smooth transactions. However, I have no posts outside of the classifieds section, so presumably can no longer make future purchases as they don't count.

I'm by no means against tightening things up, but I also have little to contribute to discussions outside of the classifieds - as a relative n00b, I don't have enough experience to help others, but I don't really have any questions that I haven't been able to solve just by reading existing threads. It would probably therefore take me a while to amass 10 posts without spamming. Not an issue of PHDs, it's quality vs quantity - I don't want to make irrelevant posts to artificially increase my count and therefore look like the dodgy dudes this system is supposed to prevent.

I would fully support some sort of PayPal verification system or vote of confidence from those with whom I have already done business.

Just my tuppence.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
We appreciate the new rules will not suit everyone, we can't possibly please all the people all the time.

Browse the forum, contribute where you can. If it had been down to me it would have been 50 posts.

Reactions: niallist

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I have purchased twice from forums before this rule was implemented, paid as soon as I received a PayPal link and would hope that the guys I bought from would agree that we enjoyed very smooth transactions. However, I have no posts outside of the classifieds section, so presumably can no longer make future purchases as they don't count.

I'm by no means against tightening things up, but I also have little to contribute to discussions outside of the classifieds - as a relative n00b, I don't have enough experience to help others, but I don't really have any questions that I haven't been able to solve just by reading existing threads. It would probably therefore take me a while to amass 10 posts without spamming. Not an issue of PHDs, it's quality vs quantity - I don't want to make irrelevant posts to artificially increase my count and therefore look like the dodgy dudes this system is supposed to prevent.

I would fully support some sort of PayPal verification system or vote of confidence from those with whom I have already done business.

Just my tuppence.
you just contributed to the forum in a constructive and well written way. Only 6 more to go :)