Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cleaning a Tippmann A5

Clarks007

Aug 23, 2011
I have been out of paintballing for a while and used to be able to strip and clean my marker with ease and have been thinking of selling it but want to give it a thorough clean first. I have re-taught myself to take it apart but would really like to know if there is any specific cleaning products i should use. Any suggestions?

matthew96

Jun 22, 2013
just the same a cleaning any other gun. you should buy barrel swabs to clean the barrel. Also you should know how to take apart your own gun regulary and clean it. You should use the cleaning products that are supplied with the gun. if not go to your local store and pick up the right grease

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
If you're completely taking it apart then you may as well put all the pieces in your washing up bowl with some warm water and fairy. Use a soft washing up brush, rinse thoroughly and dry well. Don't try this only partially dismantled as It won't dry properly.

Use a proper paintball lube like Techt Gun sav on the internals and o-rings or use a few drops of paintball gun oil(non mineral) in the ASA, air up and cycle the gun.

I always used to wash my A5 (had polished internals) and it was fine. Aluminium receiver - wont rust.

Exterior will look good as new and be an attractive purchase for someone.

Macewind

Aug 11, 2012
I'm pretty sure you can only use grease on tippmann guns, not oil as it causes the gun to leak air when pressurised. I know this is true for the x7, but not 100% sure on the A5, but better safe than sorry!

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
Taken from the official Tippmann A-5 manual; maintenance & cleaning section:

We recommend using a premium gun oil (Hoppes #9 gun oil) to maintain your marker in good working condition. To oil all internal parts, put 2 or 3 drops of oil in the tank adapter, then install the CO2 tank and shoot the marker.