Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cleaning Kit After A Days Play

Luke Dreelan

Sep 28, 2017
Windsor
Hi Guys

I am fairly new to paintball and have played one day with my own gear i was just wondering what everyone does after a days play in regards to maintenance and cleaning of kit other than the obvious of wiping away paint for example how often to lube things and stuff like that.

Thanks Luke

Garcelle

More paint please
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Luke,
It depends alot on your marker, I clean and relube my bolt after a days play.
The rest is as required, like reg rebuilds and o ring replacement.

Hoppers and masks get stripped, cleaned, and rebuilt after a days use. Again any wear etc is addressed as required.

Joe

Nereme

Feb 19, 2018
As a newer player all i have been doing is:

Throwing soft goods in the wash.
Take apart hopper and wipe down (unless there was a break i have not bothered to strip it yet)
Take out bolt and visually check it, unless its covered in schmoo i would leave it.
Take lens off mask and clean it as much as I can.

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
Maybe I am anal, but all my soft goods go into the washing machine. Hopper and mask get stripped down and washed in water (not the electronics obv, but they are checked for paint). Get new batteries because they are the cause of most issues.
Marker is stripped down and I go through a basic service ensuring everything is lubed as it should be. No need to replace o-rings every time you play, but I felt the strip down and rebuild was good for a few reasons;

It ensures you KNOW your marker,
It ensures your marker is cleaned of ALL paint, no little bits hidden behind a grip or the eyes
It ensures that the next time you take it out the box it is working 100%. (Always leave site with some air in your tank for testing following the strip down)

By doing this, I KNEW for certain that my marker would work every time I took it out the box. Not only would it work, but I can be sure of the state its in and it has never let me down. My first marker I ever owned was a cheap Chinese thing that I bought 15 years ago and it still works. I stripped and serviced that every time I used it too.

Like I say, maybe I am a bit anal, but that was my process

Reactions: MarkC82

MarkC82

Feb 4, 2013
Birmingham
After a days play I would wash your soft gear, clean lenses on goggles etc. Marker all depends on the type and how much its used i guess as good practice clean the barrel and eyes and remove bolt mechanism and lube o rings etc after long periods of use you may want to strip the marker down full replace o ring seals and check and replace regulator rings. Thats what i so anyway (y)(y);)

Reactions: Luke Dreelan

MarkC82

Feb 4, 2013
Birmingham
Maybe I am anal, but all my soft goods go into the washing machine. Hopper and mask get stripped down and washed in water (not the electronics obv, but they are checked for paint). Get new batteries because they are the cause of most issues.
Marker is stripped down and I go through a basic service ensuring everything is lubed as it should be. No need to replace o-rings every time you play, but I felt the strip down and rebuild was good for a few reasons;

It ensures you KNOW your marker,
It ensures your marker is cleaned of ALL paint, no little bits hidden behind a grip or the eyes
It ensures that the next time you take it out the box it is working 100%. (Always leave site with some air in your tank for testing following the strip down)

By doing this, I KNEW for certain that my marker would work every time I took it out the box. Not only would it work, but I can be sure of the state its in and it has never let me down. My first marker I ever owned was a cheap Chinese thing that I bought 15 years ago and it still works. I stripped and serviced that every time I used it too.

Like I say, maybe I am a bit anal, but that was my process
Defiantly good practice that!
Getting to know your marker is a great point tbf It was my thing to take my markers apart when I first got them just for somrthing to do really lol

Reactions: Luke Dreelan

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
It was my thing to take my markers apart when I first got them just for somrthing to do really lol
I just ran a quick once over of a marker I am selling that has been sitting for a while... forgot just how therapeutic it can be. Sitting watching some TV while stripping and lubing :D

Reactions: MarkC82