Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Clear lense with Empire E-Vents?

Reppyboyo

Boyo
Jul 15, 2008
Caldicot, Wales
Hi,

I just bought a brand spanking new Empire E-vents set (just under £40 all in, quite chuffed) and noticed it comes with two lenses.

Question being is the clear lense any good?
It doesnt appear to be a proper thermal lense like the smoked one is, just coated I presume.

Is it worth keeping or should I go and buy a proper thermal clear lense?

Finally, I`ve been told Amber lenses work well in low light conditions, just wondering why this is?

EDIT: Also, the set came with two, errrr, sun guard things?
One long one to prevent sun glare I presume and another much shorter, to prevent balls hitting the forehead maybe?

Can anyone clarify on those please?

Thanks all.

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
try playing with the clear. it is indeed just a single lense so may fog up but many people use them so it depends on how much you breathe :p. try playing with it, if its poor then get a new one.

the yellow lense make things appear brighter so is a good choice for in the woods or winter.

the peaks are for glare, but the main use is to wear when it rains to stop getting water in your mask through the top :)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The clear lense is a single lense with an anti fog coating. The smoke lense is a dual pane lense. Empire wanted to give buyers the option of having both types of lense as standard. Its def worth keeping as a spare.

Amber does work well in most conditions actually. It kind of takes the glare out of bright things, and lightens the dull of shadowy things if you get my meaning. I played with them for years.

"Sun guard things" or peaks ;) yes you are correct on both counts.

mad cow

Oct 22, 2007
I've found it gets easier after a few times but you can push the tabs through with a pencil the first few times.