Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Clone GTi possible solenoid leak? Please advise

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hi all,

I've noticed a quiet and constant hissing from around the solenoid 'area' on my clone GTi. It's not loud, but audible in a quiet/silent room, and very clear when I hold my clone up to my ear.

Is this likely to be an o-ring on or near my solenoid? Or could this be the solenoid itself?

My operating pressure is currently around 110-115 psi, and I used it for a day of training on Sunday.

I've just pressurised my gun after cleaning the drivetrain and put about 100 dry shots through it.

Since then, I've noticed the hissing sound, although the tank appears to be losing pressure very very slowly, if it is at all.

Is this normal for a clone GTi to do this, or do I have a leak?

I've not taken the grip frame off my marker before, so am just wondering what it could be and how complex it will be to repair.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Henry

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Try the simple things first, check that the 2 screws which join the grip frame and main body are tight, this can cause an air leak if they come loose. If that doesn't work you will need to strip it down and check the orings on the solenoid and subplates..

Just re read your post, was there a leak before you maintained the drivetrain? If no it's unlikely that it's the solenoid or subplate orings causing the leak

Last edited:

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Try the simple things first, check that the 2 screws which join the grip frame and main body are tight, this can cause an air leak if they come loose. If that doesn't work you will need to strip it down and check the orings on the solenoid and subplates..

Just re read your post, was there a leak before you maintained the drivetrain? If no it's unlikely that it's the solenoid or subplate orings causing the leak
Thanks mate, no I didn't notice any leak or hissing sound before the cleaning tonight, so you reckon probably not solenoid?

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Try cleaning and re lube the drivetrain, don't use to much lube, you only need enough to wet the orings, also check the bolt switch oring and the inner orings on the spacer and bolt keg..

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hey,

So I've cleaned and relubed the whole drivetrain, and the gladiator reg internals... I've even unscrewed the grip frame and solenoid, checked and relubed the 3 small o-rings on the topside of the solenoid, and there is still a small leak coming from the solenoid area.

Do you know what else could be causing this? Is it likely to be the solenoid itself leaking?

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
It's unlikely the solenoid as you say it was fine before you cleaned the drivetrain, next thing I would try is replacing the orings on the power tube front and mid, valve, spacer, bolt keg inner and bolt orings,also is your battery full? Or try a new one

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hey, I've replaced the battery with fresh, and also tried a team mate's drivetrain in my clone and the leak persists. Also, I've now taken off the front reg housing and checked and regreased the o-ring on the allen screw in there.

The leak is still audible in the solenoid area, is this likely to be a leaking solenoid problem, in light of the other checks I've done?

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
The only other orings to check now then is the subplate orings as you've already checked the reg housing and solenoid ones

Can you try your mates solenoid in yours then you will know if that's where the leak is coming from

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Ok yeah I'll have a look at the subplates next and try switching out the solenoids- They were a right pain to reconnect when I puller the grip frame off ha!