Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Clone vx dead?

Karl M

Aug 28, 2012
Hi guys,

Went to use my clone vx today after 4-5 months out and it has no power and thus won't turn on. I have tried 3 new duracells so it has nothing to do with the battery.

Could it potentially be the board? Is there anyway of testing it to see if it is the problem?

The screenwas already faded before I finished earlier this year so I am also in need of one of these. I know that they are not made anymore, so what are the options for getting a board and screen?

Thanks
Karl

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
When you turn it on, can you see the eyes are on when you look done the feedneck.You can remove the board and attach to a battery just in case it is earthing or not turning on because the rubber exterior buttons are too close to the buttons on the board

I would guess it is the screen has gone. You can send the marker to BZ who can replace the board with the new OLED one. It will not give you the pressure sensor (this is what I did) but does provide a much improved screen!

Reactions: cheyenne

Karl M

Aug 28, 2012
When you turn it on, can you see the eyes are on when you look done the feedneck.You can remove the board and attach to a battery just in case it is earthing or not turning on because the rubber exterior buttons are too close to the buttons on the board

I would guess it is the screen has gone. You can send the marker to BZ who can replace the board with the new OLED one. It will not give you the pressure sensor (this is what I did) but does provide a much improved screen!

Will have another check for the eyes coming on but they weren't working last night as far as I remember. How much did it cost you to get the new board put in.?

Karl

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
Boards get sent to maxxs' in Germany, you have to send the board,screen and grips and they replace them with the gti boards/grips- costs around 50 ish quid

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Boards get sent to maxxs' in Germany, you have to send the board,screen and grips and they replace them with the gti boards/grips- costs around 50 ish quid

That's cheap, I was quoted over £100 from BZ to upgraded my VX

Karl M

Aug 28, 2012
So if I send the board to Maxxs they will replace it with the GTi upgrade for around £50? BZ have them for near enough £200 so how come it's so cheap?

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I think its because macdev are honering their products because the original clones oled screen fails and the original producer of them are not in business anymore

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Will have another check for the eyes coming on but they weren't working last night as far as I remember. How much did it cost you to get the new board put in.?

Karl
I think it was around £100, which included BZ fitting these for me. The equivalent MAXS service is this http://www.maxs-sport.com/showProduct.aspx?SEName=macdev-clone-gti-upgrade-kit&ProductID=4176

BZ may offer to sell you the upgrade kit for you to install yourself. It depends on your comfort doing this, whilst I am comfortable with doing this it seemed to be easier to get a fully working marker back from BZ

You will need to check out the courier T&Cs to make sure they are happy to ship this. Plus I'd presume that it would be higher costs to ship to Germany compared to the UK as well. So that may influence your decision making

I would give BZ a call tomorrow to discuss your options. Also as LIPS sell MacDev, you could also speak with them

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
So if I send the board to Maxxs they will replace it with the GTi upgrade for around £50? BZ have them for near enough £200 so how come it's so cheap?
There is a reduced cost if you return your existing board rather than just buy one and keep the old one. I had no need to keep the board as on my GTi it was dead and on the VX it was dimming and on it's way out. I did pick up the Clone Virtue Board as well, but not had the time to swap it out and have remained with the OLED stock since getting this done in the summer