Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Clothing for rec player

Mikey93

Apr 20, 2018
Hi new to the sport, what do you rec players wear? I'm currently just going in my joggers or cheap cargo pants and hoodie are they aren't cutting my knees are bloody killing at the end of day lol ! Looking for something flexible and breathable top and bottom and in the pants definitely kneww protection. Also not to expensive just spent alot on new marker, mask and hopper so pennies are little short for now lol.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi new to the sport, what do you rec players wear? I'm currently just going in my joggers or cheap cargo pants and hoodie are they aren't cutting my knees are bloody killing at the end of day lol ! Looking for something flexible and breathable top and bottom and in the pants definitely kneww protection. Also not to expensive just spent alot on new marker, mask and hopper so pennies are little short for now lol.
Whatever’s comfortable for you

Some will play in combats, others in ‘paintball’ clothing, or any other clothing such as cargo trousers, jeans etc

Knee support / knee pads are very beneficial, but will depend on what you plan on doing with your knees and the type of ground
Depending on how I feel I tend to use knee support (my knees are screwed), but may use knee pads or just risk it with just padded paintball trousers.
If you’re just kneeling occasionally then exterior strap on knee pads might do, but they can be a right nuisance.
Under trousers pull on pads are better - but cost more. (Make sure you investigate sizing for specific brands before buying)

Ensure you have good ankle support for footwear

For trousers, jeans are hard wearing, but will suffer when wet
I like a loose fit, which allows for knee pads but also absorbs impact to a degree.
Cargo trousers with a decent thickness are good - but cargo pockets are a temptation to fill and also catch in bushes etc
Workwear trousers will be hard wearing
Good combat trousers in army surplus should be hard wearing, but check the material as some are thinner than others .... especially now that ‘combats’ are also day to day & office wear.
Some combats have pockets for padding inserts at the knee
I have a set of Hong Kong fake MTP combats, which are paper thin but have been deceptively hard wearing

For ‘proper’ paintball trousers they have tended to be baggy and padded, plus ought to have some handy pockets such as a fluffy pocket for barrel cleaning and may have a safe zip up pocket so you don’t lose what you’re carrying.
Some may be sold as ‘training’ trousers with less padding
More recent fashion has brought in a skinny jeans version of paintball trousers - some padding but tighter on you.

You can play in a t-shirt but should still protect your elbows.
A hoody is a good idea
When in doubt wear layers
A ‘proper’ paintball jersey can vary from padded in the elbows etc and have a mitt as a semi glove, or be very lightweight.
Gloves should be an essential. But you don’t want to get in the way of your trigger finger
I vary between no gloves and fingerless gloves, but currently have either bruised nerve or nerve damage in one of my fingers ... (depending on whether it improves over the next few months) so this year I’ll be playing with a full glove on the left and fingerless glove on the right !!!

Other protection:
Idealy avoid bare skin, even a ‘basket ball / sports sleeve’ will take away the worst of a hit
A backwards baseball cap, beanie or headwrap will protect your forehead

Reactions: Mikey93