Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CO2 Liquid or Vapour

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
I've just recently bought a second hand Automag with no bottle. Because of cost I'm going to run it off CO2, but after looking through an old copy of PGI which covered marker maintenance it said to use CO2 Vapour NOT CO2 liquid as it seaps into the O-Rings and degrades the performance. I know most sites run off CO2 but I didn't know there were two kinds. I'm I worrying about nothing because everybody who runs CO2 uses Vapour or is a special thing just for Mags. Advice Please

rob,
it shouldnt matter, the only thing that would change the state is a temperature change, if you only want to draw vapour from your bottle then have an anti-syphon valve fitted (bout £3 for the valve) it will prevent your gun from drawing liquid.
get in contact with smart parts europe, or your nearest shop they can fit it and advise you better

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Definately keep the liquid out!

Co2 exists in both liquid and gas phase when in the bottle. The vapor is what is useful; the liquid naturally is the most effective way to pack more into the bottle and thus that is what is initially put into the bottle, and as it boils (at a very VERY low temperature) it provides the gaseous state which operates a paintgun.

Anti siphon is one way of blocking liquid, but only effective if oriented correctly all the time, which is difficult to do. Remote is much more flexible and reliable and gives the added benefit of a lighter gun. You can also add an input regulator suitable for co2, such as a WGP or unireg which will give you enhanced control of velocity settings.