Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Co2?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well, if you have a marker that is capable of firing on Co2 (some aren't, mostly the high end ones), they should pretty much accept all bottles. If you have an old school marker like the VM68, it'll only take 7oz bottles, because they go underneath the barrel. So anything larger won't fit.
Basically all Co2 bottles use the same valve, meaning they can be screwed into all standard air source adaptors (asa). The larger the bottle, the more Co2 it can hold, the more shots you can get from your tank before needing a refill.
As far as the refilling goes, I recommend getting that done by someone who knoes his stuff. It's high pressure stuff you're dealing with, so you don't want to mess up. When you do get your own filling station, make sure that the place you get it from gives you a full and detailed explanation on how to use it.

Good luck!

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Don't want to go over what Bhudda said so I won't, but just a few other things to remember is.

1. Co2 equipment is cheap
2. Co2 Pressure is inconsistant at different temps
3. Markers don't like Co2 (Liquid in them)

As you may or may not know Co2 in paintball comes in liquid format and basically it converts to gas at very low temps. So in Summer Co2 is pretty good. In winter, because of the low temps, it has trouble expanding and that's when you have problems with liquid Co2 getting into your marker. So when you look for Co2 equipment always think about an Xpansion chamber and and Anti-Syphon tube. (Small tube placed inside a Co2 bottle to stop liquid leaving the bottle)

davidotrot

Mar 20, 2002
southern california
Visit site
What more is there to say? The big thing is the expansion chamber. If you're going to be running the CO2, you need the expansion chamber. I started without one, and I regret doing that. Nothing can mess up your internals like liquid CO2 going through:(

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
Hiya tomgoth. Yep i go along with Buddha 3's advice. Get proper advice before trying it yourself! Actually filling CO2 is quite straightforward but you do need to learn how to do it properly or you will end up hurt! You need to be careful not to overfill your bottle, this can be done by weighing the bottle in a set of scales at first, until you get to 'feel' how much CO2 is in it. You need to make sure that before you disconnect the CO2 bottle from the rig (the hose adaptor that comes from the CO2 cylinder to your bottle) that you have let the pressure out of the rig first, or else it will 'whip' about & get you in the face! You also need to know when a CO2 bottle is dangerous. If gas escapes from between the brass bottle collar (the bit that screws onto your ASA) and the bottle itself then the value is loose and the bottle will shoot off like a rocket! If you or anyone else is in the way then broken bones or worse can be expected! With 100 pounds psi pressure inside, that bottle is going to GO! That is quite rare but it does happen. Don't want to put you off though, just learn to do it right! Laters Guppy

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
If at all possible, avoid co2 altogether and get a basic nitrogen tank. Believe me, it's worth the extra money. It's simpler to fill, less dangerous, less wear on your gun, more consistent, and you have a nifty little gauge to tell you how much air you have left which will save you the humiliation and pain of running out in the middle of a game. Look for a 48 cui Pure Energy or Crossfire or Nitroduck, or a 68 if you can afford it. You'll thank me when you do.

flameball

Apr 6, 2002
NJ
www.expage.com
to refill a CO2 talk all most all local playing fields have CO2 fills. you go up to the person working the fill. tell him u need a fill u pay him and he fills it up 4 you. thats it.

all CO2 bottles fit on the semi auto guns theas days. ppl just hear about 16 oz. and 20oz. ect. and it gets them all mest up. the #oz. is the size of the tank. if i mest up some 1 plz corect me!!!

~Mat

Team Zero In

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
One bit I must add to this is that of all of them, the 20 oz or 24 oz tanks balance better than the smaller tanks and give you something more to shoulder, which results in better aiming. Also another advantage of these tanks is that they offer more space for the co2 to evaporate inside the tank and thus a more constant gas supply, reducing peaks and drops, and if you use them correctly you won't ice as badly. BE CAREFUL NOT TO EVER POINT YOUR MARKER AT THE GROUND WITH CO2 OR IT WILL DO ALL KINDS OF BAD THINGs!!!