Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cocker and mag (now with pics)

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
So looking at getting back into walk on play.

Have a very early cocker and automat.

Both need stripping down and possible upgrades at same time.

Will post pics later when find digi cam.

My question is, is it worth upgrading both or just go hunt the sales section?

If upgrade then who are the people for cockers n mags in the UK?

Budget £200-£300 each.

Cheers

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
You'd pretty much have to bring parts in from the states for both of them, bel sales may still have a few cocker upgrades hanging about.

I'd suggest that rather than upgrade them you spend £100 on a lightly used whiz bang electro like a pmr or something of that ilk , a few walk ons with that then once your confidence comes back bring out the mag and cocker and mow faces old skool.

Laku

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
The mag will most likely only need few o-rings changed and lube after being cleaned up. you can get parts kits from Germany for classic automag/minimag 27,90 € http://www.planet-paintball.eu/lng/en/gun-upgrades/airgundesigns/automag-minimag-complete-parts-kit.html

If you need anything more exotic you can still order parts from AGD or Tunamart.
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php contact him trough email tunaman5@verizon.net (be patient he has a day job so it might take a while)
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/

Best source for information and guidance is AO http://www.automags.org/forums

Reactions: RST

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
I love old mags i have just won one in an auction on here because i stupidly sold my old one and that had no upgrades that i know of and it held its own at my local walk on the new one I'm thinking of turning it into a pump

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Welcome to the forum dude. Post pics, there a few of us guys on here that still run regularly with both mags and cockers. If you post some pics it can give us a good idea of your starting point. You could be sat on a gem already that may just need a quick polish and you are good to go.
Belsales do have parts such as 3-ways, rams and valves (unsure of what else), but no point in upgrading the cocker if you already have "high" end parts installed. Same with the mag show a pic of the bolt and the on/off assembly, some one on here can then id it and give you ideas for upgrading if needed. Regarding the mag parts are few and far between on here. However it is a close community of maggers on here and we all try to help each other out where we can. Same goes for the cocker guys we like to help.

Reactions: wiggles01

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
I would also slightly disagree with cannon fodder (for a change). Although his point about buying a newer electro is very valid, it does come with a shopping list to make it work best. I assume that you have been out of the game for a while (I may be wrong I apologise), that would mean your set up you have for the mag and cocker would also be "out of date" for a new fangled electro. Such as co2 if you used that with you markers it wouldn't be usable o an electro as it is classed as "too dirty" for the solinoids etc etc, next if you had a period hopper it would also need replacing as it wont effectively feed a modern electro. As you can see its not just a case of upgrading a gun it has other factor that need to be updated to make the best use of said electronic marker.
Plus keeping and restoring old guns is an awesome feeling when you go out with a guns that you "did/built" by yourself for yourself! Cockers and mags can still cut it on the walk-on field!
But ultimately it is up to you and what you actually want to do and I know from personal experience that should you choose to restore these guns that the guys o here will help you along the way. And the same goes for if you choose to go the other way and get a complete new set up, we will be more than happy to give you advice on what is good and what to steer away from.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Yup been out for nearly 20 years!

Both run co2 with syphon expansion, however if most fields run air then not a problem moving over.

Rather use guns already have as long as can keep build below buying a new marker comes in at.

Just uploading some pics to bucket.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
I quick rebuild and a going through will be good enough for now dude, like I said you may have some good parts on the guns you have. Both the mag and cocker can you use air not a problem with that. and with the budget you have set for both guns you will easily be able to sort both of your guns and still have enough to buy a very capable electro.
My latest cocker build with full belsales parts including buying the body and gripframe only owes me just over the £100 mark!

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Also stop teasing and get pics up I am sure @phil-boy will be needing a mag fix for a sunday! I know i am intrested in seeing what you have to work with bothe cockers and mags