Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

'Cocker Break Beam Eyes

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
There was a previous thread on here which mentioned break beam eyes for an autococker. Where can i get these? are they available in the UK? an obviously i'd have to drill more holes for them, but how would fit them?

I hope someone knows something about these as i'm actually quite interested.

Thanks, Chris

FrontManDan

Universal Soldier
Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You have to make them using you old eye harness, the parts can easily be obtained from Rs components part numbers are.

Emmiter : Op298B
Detector : OP598B

its not for the faint hearted

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Dan those eyes are timmy ones (5mm) will be a bit big to use on cockers with the standard detent, you really need 3mm eyes to have any chance of fitting them it.

If you make or get a eye cover made for the left side (remember it will be different to the right side because of the detent) then the wiring is easy enough for anyone that can solder.

You won't find a guide anywhere as very few people seem to have attempted this and with so many different body styles it would be difficult for anyone to advise.

Here's how to wire them if you do have a go.

Forgot to say, Zero-B and E2 only. Stock E1 board doesn't support BBE.

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
would you happen to have any pictures of your cocker break beam eyes that i could use as a guide? i'm assuming that you've done this of course :p

Thanks, Chris

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Yes i have done this but i've also done a lot more to my cocker so it's virtually impossible to see the BBE in a photograph.
The left hand eye cover is a bit of a mess but as it's almost totally hidden i haven't rushed to make a better one.

For 3mm eyes:

Maplin electronics www.maplin.co.uk

CY86 and CY84 can't remember which is which but if you look up those part numbers on maplin it will have a description.