Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Cocker Hopper

Discussion in 'Hoppers' started by Catt, May 24, 2014.

1. Catt Member

Catt
    Message Count:
    Hey guys

I have a Lightning deluxe 'cocker, well sort of - the body is a Lightning!

It's a mech at the moment but eventually i do want to convert to electric - but whilst it's a mech, is an agitated hopper enough or should I just shove on a force fed? I have a spare agitated lying around, and as it doesn't have a clamping feedneck, I'll have to sand down quite a lot of material to get the hopper to fit.

That brings me onto the last part: How hard is it to change the feedneck? or do I need to get a whole new body for it?

Cheers

Nev

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    I would not recommend getting an agitated hopper these days, however as you have one then there is no problem with using it
    Try it - if paint is ready whenever you shoot then it's up to the job

The only real disadvantage agitation has against pure gravity is when the paint is low - some will just spin or popcorn the paint around inside instead of it dropping

3. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Ref the feedneck - don't know, it depends on how standard the feedneck thread is

4. Norder Member

Norder
    Message Count:
    I had a agitated loader on my old mech cocker a few years back.. Never ran in to problems. Also if you plan to convert it to electric then won't hurt to have the hopper prepared ready.