The Home Of European Paintball

CoCker Or Impulse cant decide

}{y8ri|)

PainTBall DOes ThiS To Me
Jan 31, 2002
uk near a Tower
Visit site
HI there !!
Help me plz Cocker or impulse and dont say shoot them both i cant i will be buying second hand :confused:
right it will be a eclipse fade cocker
eclipse fade impulse

right i no your gonna say 1 can fire quick and accurate but can be a pig to set up!ie
COCKER
right i no your gonna say 1 can fire very fast not as accurate but as accurate if not better than any elctro!ie IMPULSE
BUt PLz plZ plZ plZ plZ PLz! i beg more commets from users of both guns or ppl that have bought a cocker and swapped to impulse visa versa cheers LADS and LASSES

elrikos

Jan 22, 2002
High Wycombe
Visit site
well i have an eclipse impulse and i have to say that i love it. tried an evo cocker, very nice metal clackey bit on the back but there was something about the impulse, oh yeah i remember, it was quicker, cheaper and better looking than a cocker....oh and it had a bit that clacked back and forward as well!!!!! gotta be good!.
just my opinion by the way, one of my teammates is currently selling his soul to buy an evo cocker so obviously he don't agree with me!
have fun choosing!
elrikos
p.s. if this is your first gun i really reccomend that you don't get either. i used an automag for 3 years before getting my impy. basically if you've only played rec-ball before this then ANY marker you get is going to be an improvement over what you've been used to. spending £600 on an eclipse impulse for playing rec days is not going to make you look cool, you'll just llook like a punter hunter and/or daddy's boy. again just my opinion but for a first gun these aren't going to do anything to help your technique.
if ya want to chat about it some more then e mail me and i'll be happy to meet ya on AIM or msn messenger

samson300

Oct 17, 2001
Visit site
Obviously anyone who posts on this thread is just offering you their opinion and ill just voice mine, and offer a few facts to go along. Like elrikos said, neither of these guns are good for beginners, but if you are dead set on get one or the other ill continue. Personally i am pro-cocker and that is what i own. They are great shooting guns that are considered low pressure. They shoot flat and accurate and are conservative on paint. They are light and great for use as a front man in tourney play. My brother on the other hand ownes an impulse which are also great guns the operate on a lower psi (160) and shoot extremely fast and accurate because of the low pressure. They are open bolt which makes them a little louder but in tourney play that doesnt matter anyway. they are a little bit heavier but it's not too bad. they are virtually no maintanence (all you do is grease the bolt) which is a plus over the cocker. (Although i have had 0 problems with mine, but i know quite a bit about em and know what to do and what not to do) The impulses are less upgradeable(although they are gaining popularity and manufacturers are beginning to produce more products for them) As for upgradeability.....u cant beat the cocker. well that's about all i have......hope it was of some use to you!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
You say you can't try them both as you'll be buying second hand, but that's not really the case. If you go to just about any site then owners will be all to eager to show off their precious markers & let you have a go with them to help you make your choice.
Never buy a second hand marker without trying it first, there could be all sorts of problems with it, or even just that the previous owner has set it up in a way that you don't get on with.

elrikos

Jan 22, 2002
High Wycombe
Visit site
thats very true. if you can get to skirmish lasham this saturday i'll be there with my eclipse impulse (basically as good as an impulse can get) and ya can have a go with it. failing that the 7 man at temple in march (i think).
oh and i now have the delrin bolt for the impulse which means that you don't even need to grease that any more! great for lazy students like me!
your in a great position being able to buy a gun. just don't rush in too quick cos it's a lot of money to waste if you buy the firstgun you see and you end up not liking it/paying too much

simon evans

Sep 11, 2001
staffordshire
If you are down at marchbrock on the 24 march you can have a shoot of my sto cocker.It isnt 4 sale but you can see if you like it. Also my brother has a brand new eclispe impy. If you ask him nicely he may let you put a few through that also and then you have a direct comparision

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
Im in the same boat, impy or cocker?? cocker or impy?? although i am leanning towards the impulse, realy becuase i think it looks better then the cocker (im talking about the Eclipse Impulse and Cocker) But when u reach this standerd of marker then there seems to be very little real diffrence between the two (other then cost)
Also becuase there are so many diffrent versions of the same markers and avalible upgrades no two impys or cockers will be the same, so realy it comes down to two things in my book Looks and Cost.

Hey elrikos, How can u afford a cocker on a students budget?? lol
Im going to see a mate at pompi uni in a couple of weeks are there any good sites near?

Jamie2779@hotmail.com

Keep your balls happy
play with your cocker :eek: