The Home Of European Paintball

cocker or .....

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Yeah I agree with Smartcosse Splatmasters rule:D
If you want the accuracy of a cocker and the speed of an Angel try a timmie but in the end it all comes down to personnel preferance don't it if you like you will use, I prefer the Cocker to the Angel gunna have a look at an Electro Cocker and see how it feels as for consistency with the right setup theirs no reason why a cocker shouldn't get +- 3 or 2 fps. And as for accuracy the differance between Angel and Cocker has been Measured as Paul said Physics don't lie, in a Cocker all the air (that is ALL) goes behind the ball in the Angel some escapes up the feed tube creating instability in the flight of the ball........

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by John Molloy
Yeah I agree with Smartcosse Splatmasters rule:D
If you want the accuracy of a cocker and the speed of an Angel try a timmie but in the end it all comes down to personnel preferance don't it if you like you will use, I prefer the Cocker to the Angel gunna have a look at an Electro Cocker and see how it feels as for consistency with the right setup theirs no reason why a cocker shouldn't get +- 3 or 2 fps. And as for accuracy the differance between Angel and Cocker has been Measured as Paul said Physics don't lie, in a Cocker all the air (that is ALL) goes behind the ball in the Angel some escapes up the feed tube creating instability in the flight of the ball........
I'm sure on a correctly tuned angel you don't have blowback :confused: are you sure??

Paul
:D

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
It's open bolt that means at the moment it is fired(but you know this already lecture over):D
Yes I am sure, I think the development of the power feed by airgun designs is kinda based on it and wouldn't work without the effect..........
L8rz

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
So what about the tests that warpig carried out between open and closed bolt markers? this dissproved any 'advantage' closed bolt had if I remember correctly (even if they were using a modified stingray I think :confused: )

Paul.

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
It's open bolt that means at the moment it is fired(but you know this already lecture over):D
Yes I am sure, I think the development of the power feed by airgun designs is kinda based on it and wouldn't work without the effect..........
L8rz
This is Paul!

Ok lets assume you're right that the angel loses air up the feedtube, this point is counteracted by the fact that both markers in a comparative test would be chronoed the same, thus the 'lost' air would not be a factor as both markers have put the ball out the end of the barell at the same FPS
Over to you.......

Paul

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
but surely the little outlet on the front of the three-way on a cocker lets out some air, meanin that ALL the air isnt used, eh yoda?? AnywayIf the dwell is set high enough surely no blowback will occur in an angel, (assuming bolt/body match is perfect). (supposed Alevel physicist.......)

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
its amazing that whatever marker someone has it is always the best one!! :D
i have had both an IR3 and a cocker and the cocker suited me more so that is what i play with. as has been mentioned it is all down to personal preference

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Originally posted by Cooks
but surely the little outlet on the front of the three-way on a cocker lets out some air, meanin that ALL the air isnt used, eh yoda?? AnywayIf the dwell is set high enough surely no blowback will occur in an angel, (assuming bolt/body match is perfect). (supposed Alevel physicist.......)
Sorry Cooks but thats air going through the bolt itself to fire the ball and the 3 way has sod all to do with that.........;) and as for blow back on the angel when its firing cycle starts the bolt is in it's rear position before moving forward "after" the air is discharged. All blow back designs are the same including real guns.
L8rz

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site

Sorry Cooks but thats air going through the bolt itself to fire the ball and the 3 way has sod all to do with that.........;) and as for blow back on the angel when its firing cycle starts the bolt is in it's rear position before moving forward "after" the air is discharged. All blow back designs are the same including real guns.
L8rz
But Yoda, we've already taken any 'blow back' into account at the chrono 280 fps (for example) is 280 fps no matter how much air goes up the feed tube there is still the same amount of force behind the ball. Do you see what I'm saying?

Paul