The Home Of European Paintball

cockers in tournaments

autococker yes or no in tournaments

• Total voters

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
It's uncommon to see E-cockers in regular tournament use these days. The stock boards on many older versions can't cope with constantly shifting ROF or Ramp setting rules. The E1 boards didn't even have a ramp option as this wasn't required at the time. Having said that EBlades were used by many pro teams up until late 2003, including Nexus and a host of Stateside squads. Although many Eclipse teams had switched to shooting Ego's by 2004/05. With the right upgrades a Blade can still cut it at top level, it's just that many players take the easy option and opt for lighter, more modern markers.

The E2 was capable of over 13bps back in 2003, so well capable of hitting the 10.5bps limit many UK series use now. It's just difficult to cap the E1 board to meet current rules, and I/R reflective eye tended to be less reliable than break beam eyes available on newer guns. The latest boards offered by Tadao for E-cockers transform performance, and allow them to run at tornament legal settings as recent video of this DC2 in action proves

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Fingers

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
I used my custom Orracle a couple of seasons ago with no problems. If I wasn't sponsored I'd be using either that or my karnivor pretty regularly.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Now that the BPS is reduced there is no reason why not, and besides using one will instantly make you the coolest kid on the block!:cool:

Whilst on this subject, here's one for GeeTee as he's a nerd on all things cocker! (y)

Gary, what are the choices for boards because as far as i can see the Tadao seems to be the only option?
i thought the scenario dreams universal was still available, but there website seems to have died?
I'm looking to build a Halfblock from scratch out of "Leftovers" that i have but am a bit reluctant to pay $180 just for a board, especially when the T-board is/was $60!
any suggestions to get me tourney legal?
another grip frame for instance????
Cheers
Colin:)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Tadao is the best option for easy set up. All Eblades can be capped on ROF by playing with board timing settings, but it's not as simple as with modern tournament markers. That still won't give you the ramp variations (trigger pulls, sustain etc) required. E2, Tboard and I think ZeroB have ramping options, but not sure if they meet current rules even if ROF can be capped. You may still be able to shoot semi only provided ROF limits are met, but would need agreement by tournament organisers.

As for grip frame swaps

The Ego 5/6 and etek frames are a fairly easy mod, as are some Dye frames but you'll need to run an MQ valve due to loss of sear noid. The MQ's went out of production a while ago, so are like hens teeth and mega money second hand. A guy stateside was rumoured to be developing a custom E-cocker board.. but sadly I don't think it got very far :(

The Ego 5/6 board and Blade are almost identical, save for missing sear solenoid capacitor. I was wondering if you could retro fit one of these to an Ego board? If so it would could provide a lot of options, as there's loads of good Ego boards available with all the tournament setting you need.

Last edited:

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
Avoid the T-Board. They had very flackey eye logic which usually ended up with serious chopping issues.

Last edited:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Thanks for the replys

I'm running a T-board in an Ion and it's never missed a beat so thought that may be an option???o_O

I have a bucket load of cocker spares and access to whizzy whirry machinery, and have got a halfblock itch that won't go away but i need to be running something thats tournament legal or there's no point in me proceeding...........we'll see what happens........(y)
Laters