The Home Of European Paintball

Cold Weather tips for the DM family...

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Hi guys.

As the cold weather has finally started to draw in, I thought I would post some tips on how to keep your guns trouble free during the Winter months.

1. Make sure that your no. 17 o-rings (inside top hat and beer-can) are good. The bolt should be moving nice and easy with very little resistance.
Also check your No. 15 bolt sail o-ring is in good condition (middle of the 3 o-rings on the bolt itself)

If these o-rings are offering too much resistance to the bolt or are damaged.....replace.

2. Remove old lube and replace with a good, thin lube.
Dow 33 works very well.

3. Increase your dwell by a couple of increments. Factory setting is 15 so you can go up to around 17 or 18.

4. If you are still experiencing drop-off then turn up the LPR untill it shoots correctly. Factory setting is 5 full turns out but all guns are slightly different so adjust till your gun is shooting as it should.

That should be it ladies and gents. Any other questions and/or problems and a quick visit Here should be all you need.

:)

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Hi Jeff

Do the settings above hold true for the Proto's as well, looking through the user manual the proto's dwell is factory at 18- Increase to 20? or hold at 18

Cheers for the info

A.B

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I had a strange issue with the DM6 today - it was very cold (scottish winter;) ) Marker fired about 300 shots then the solenoid seemed to stop firing I was activating the switch but i couldnt hear the sol clicking -as soon as i got the marker back in the warmth it was fine again ?

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
How cold was it?

Sounds a little strange and not something I have come across to be honest.

If you continue to experience problems like that, please get in touch with DYE Europe.

I still maintain though that Scotland in the Winter is no place for mucking about outdoors!!!

:)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
i agree :D

it was minus something but not anything ridiculous - i used my Ego with no probs at all but the dm wasnt having it - i assume there must be an operating temp range ?

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
hmmm...

I would imagine that the solenoid got gummed up.

I would strip it and clean it and relube with Dow33.
The other thing it could be is that the cold caused a dry joint on the board to manifest itself. It is highly unlikely though as it wasnt that cold.

p.s.... are you sure that it was the solenoid not working and not the bolt sticking. Not presuming you dont know what your talking about but just checking. :)

If the bolt was the symptom then the cause could well be a low LPR setting and or a low dwell setting.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yeh the marker was literally out the box a few days ago so its not been changed from factory settings at all (or re-lubed) - the first thing I thought of was bolt stick but i listened for the sol clicking and there wasn't even the sound of any air moving at all - ill relube and see what happens :)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
OK scrap that - on closer inspection the black (0v?) cable going to the solenoid has snapped at the crimp point of the molex on the board - so i must of nudged it back to reconnect when i moved the marker and after a few shots its disconnected again - nothing to do with temp - thanks anyhoo though :)

cheers