Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

David neilson

Sep 12, 2013
Hey I've had a proto switch Mask for 3/4 years as I was on a budget when I first started playing and it's never let me down vision is good, doesn't fog up as it comes with a thermal lense and it's easy to take apart/put back together. Best of all it's cheap so I think it's the perfect newbie mask for someone getting into the sport.
Was just going off the proto experiences i myself had and others who i know, as far as mine is concerned it struggled in everyday for me with fogging and ventilation but i will say in proto's defence that it was a comfortable mask, and i will agree with it works well on a budget but if i had to do it again i would go with the option of buying a high end second hand mask, which you can pick up for a similar price of a switch

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
used my v force profiller (wanted the grill but was out of stock at the time) but never needed to change it, used for 3 years easy. i also wear glasses but no issues getting these over a wide frame aswell as maintaining great field of vision.

Demo2222

Mar 29, 2015
I recommend jt pro flex masks.
Can be had for relatively cheap and have been used at the top level of the game since their inception.
Breath well, don't fog, good coverage, good communication, fit most faces, still supported by empire.

iValetUK

Apr 9, 2015
Proto switch here. Just ordered the chrome lens after seeing some photos of a recent trip to thetford

RealRT

Back from the deadbox since '08
Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
I played with proflex's for a while, I find once you've broke them in you do get a few fat lips. If you flip them up you will avoid getting fat lips, but lose a lot of coverage. Other than that the mask is perfect.

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Have the Dye i3 in olive. They were a budget buy at the time but haven't faulted me

Ups
:
- excellent ventilation which also allows better communication to other team players
- super comfortable ear protection pads with no tightness issues for glasses
- HI DEF lens with anti fog
Downs:
- lens are a nightmare to remove and clean as apposed to i4's.
- the vent design allows far to much paint through for tasting lol which also means difficult to clean from the grills
- as much as the ears are nicely protected and the vent system allows for better communication the downside is you can't hear your team mates communication through the ear pad protection haha +/-

NatoG

May 17, 2015
North East of England
Had a Proto Pro Axis and it was great, breathing and communication was good and the amount of bounces i got off the mouth and side pieces is too many to count.

Just bought myself a Virtue Vio and haven't had the chance to play with it yet but from what i can see it's a little bit bigger than the Axis, it's got a huge field of view and is the most comfortable mask i've ever worn INC. I4, JT masks etc. Over 13,000 customization combinations is mind-boggling. Also comes with a bag for the mask and any spare lenses. Nice touch from Virtue. Has a safety feature telling you if you have removed and replaced the quick change lens correctly.Love it :)