Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

recyclepb

Dec 8, 2014
the proflex's, they are amazing. They don't fog up, easy to breath, can hear easily with them on, best of all no fog at night.

Buffers

The Buff Paintballer
Jan 10, 2015
Eflex is my fav just becasue i can ben up the front and shout louder. It is also comfortable and fits my head

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
I think dye i4s are gorgeous but are they practical as such? As there is obviously a lot less coverage compared to other masks? Cheers for any help guys!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I think dye i4s are gorgeous but are they practical as such? As there is obviously a lot less coverage compared to other masks? Cheers for any help guys!
People have differently sized and shaped heads
Safety coverage is your eyes, and sealing the area around your eyes, next is ear protection as we don't want cauliflower ears or a Paintball in your eardrum
Foreheads are easily covered with a headba'd or hat
Finally chins and teeth. An exposed chin is no problem, a paintball to the teeth is, consider that you will open your mouth. This could also be dealt with by a neck snood or scarf - but overdoing these can counter anti fog by blocking airflow
Try on goggles and see how they feel and cover you as an individual

Reactions: D3an091

D3an091

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks for the advice tommikka, I know some come with anti fog lenses or thermal lenses? Are they very effective? As when I start I'll be playing a lot of woodland games, so they'll be exposed to the colder temperatures which in my mind makes fogging up a lot more easier?

leeabs94

Jan 15, 2015
Iv got an i4s and love it really comfy and easy to change the lense, however I do have a small face

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for the advice tommikka, I know some come with anti fog lenses or thermal lenses? Are they very effective? As when I start I'll be playing a lot of woodland games, so they'll be exposed to the colder temperatures which in my mind makes fogging up a lot more easier?
Thermal / anti fog coated lenses are effective
Natural air flow from venting and space around your face will minimise fogging

If not good enough or if just a very basic lens then treatments are available. These are best avoided until any pre-treatment has lost its effectiveness
There are situations where no treatment will prevent fogging, but the better your circumstances the better your view
If playing in the cold and wrapping warm you may restict airflow and sweat when active
If it's bad then the addition of fans will enhance airflow - there are paintball specific fans but are easily made and very effective when using small computer fans