Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

Tom Gaskell

Apr 16, 2022
Old but gold, the JT flex 8 for me. I went full headed as a noob with a chrome visor and it looks the nuts. It offers the protection but can be a little stifling on a warm day

m13kxe

Jun 30, 2022
I've bought dye i4 because i like the look of it but when received it seem a bit short on chicks so i bought virtue vio witch is slightly longer and you also got option to get extended version so is even longer. I've been using VIO and think this is a great mask. No steam at all unless you drink a lot day before :D but i don't think you would find one witch doesn't. Vio's well recommended.
There seems to be alot of info and reviews on dye i4/i5 and Jt proflex. But can't find much on the vio.
Seems to be the leest expencive mask that has replaceable foam.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There seems to be alot of info and reviews on dye i4/i5 and Jt proflex. But can't find much on the vio.
Seems to be the leest expencive mask that has replaceable foam.
Note that strictly speaking every set of goggles has replaceable foam. I have replaced the foam in a couple of sets of goggles using the currently available alternate foam set

It’s not so great a feature - nice to have rather than it being impossible to do, but after a few years in you often find you’ll end up buying replacement goggles.
Once you start looking at replacing the lens, and considering a new strap then it all starts adding up and you get closer to the price of a new set - so weigh up ‘maintaining’ vs shiney new & having the old set as spare

I would aim more at getting the set that feels right to you rather than future ‘maintainability’

m13kxe

Jun 30, 2022
Note that strictly speaking every set of goggles has replaceable foam. I have replaced the foam in a couple of sets of goggles using the currently available alternate foam set

It’s not so great a feature - nice to have rather than it being impossible to do, but after a few years in you often find you’ll end up buying replacement goggles.
Once you start looking at replacing the lens, and considering a new strap then it all starts adding up and you get closer to the price of a new set - so weigh up ‘maintaining’ vs shiney new & having the old set as spare

I would aim more at getting the set that feels right to you rather than future ‘maintainability’

its mental the disposable world we live in, its more cost affective to buy a new mask, and dispose of the old one, than look after and replace parts,

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
its mental the disposable world we live in, its more cost affective to buy a new mask, and dispose of the old one, than look after and replace parts,
Correct …. Though I do still own all of mine and used to replace the full set of lenses every year as spares/loans until it got a bit ridiculous

(correction - I’m missing one set, which I think disappeared one day with the guy I loaned it to put it down & it probably got gathered by the site among the rentals)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Correct …. Though I do still own all of mine and used to replace the full set of lenses every year as spares/loans until it got a bit ridiculous

(correction - I’m missing one set, which I think disappeared one day with the guy I loaned it to put it down & it probably got gathered by the site among the rentals)
Yep I still own all mine apart from 1 set I sold as I just didn't get on with them. My first goggle I used for over a decade all over Europe!

Reactions: Tom