Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

colonials weren't as bad as they said

chris jones

Jun 25, 2017
bracknell
My colonial has spent over 22 years in a garden shed. I haven't even looked at it in all that time.
I cleaned off as much rust as I could and a few squirts of silicone on the o rings and gassed it up. To my joy, no leaks and even better put a pot full of paint through it and it run great.
The gun had a lot bad press when it came out but after spending 22 years in a shed you can't knock British engineering. How many other markers would pass that test.

I had this gun given to me as part of our sponsership, it was a big change going over to them from our golden eagles. I wonder what Rafe's Eagles could have done with them.

For those that remember the colonial was almost a complete copy of the 68 automag and the name came from it being a clone of the mag. AGD were notorious for patent court cases, like Mayhem and the 6 pak copy but they hadn't covered the automag. To be fair the mag was an awesome marker, well designed and well built. Just look at how many teams were using them and winning with them, When they started coming into the country is was more of a leap forward than when we first saw the phantom.

I am going to be realistic and if anyone knows where I can get hold of an o ring spares kit for a 68 mag I would be most grateful. Hopefully I can keep the gun running and will have to give it a go at a walk on at Campaign or Holmbush soon.

chris jones

Jun 25, 2017
bracknell
Cheers for the reply, I have already ordered a load of o rings. I rushed it a bit and didn't get polyurethane but got nitrile 90D and PTFE. Just have to put them in and see what occurs. I have a second colonial but the reg seal had disintergrated but found some at Danger Zone in Sheffield, so they are on their way too. If I get no joy with these I will definately be in touch scooby. Thanks.

All the spares and unmade colonials were sold to a guy in Reading, may have to look him up and see if anything is left. There were a thousand colonials planned, not sure how many were made up and sold. A few did go out to the States and out to Europe, in the UK they didn't get a great press so sales weren't so good really. Probably went mostly to EPS regulars

I will have to go take the guns over to show Mick, I know he loved his time in the paintball industry, be good for him to see one of his "projects"