Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Colour kit wrong size? Won't fit!!

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Hey guys, bought a white colour kit for my Rotor first Sunday of the month at Weekend Warriors.

No receipt I'm afraid, they just threw an extra £25 onto my bill for the day.

Just tried fitting the top part on, and it won't fit. If I fit the front end first and then the back then the middle screw holes don't line up, and if I do the back first then the front screw hole doesn't line up. The threads look identical to the top part I'm removing, but one fits snug and the other refuses to.

Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers!

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I bought a colour kit at NVS a few weeks ago and found the same. I persevered with it and got it to fit eventually. Still never fitted as well as the one I took off though.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Thing is this is a good few millimetres out, and I can already feel the strain on it.

I wouldn't be putting too much money on it not snapping if I force it.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I think the way i did mine was to fit all the screws in but only finger tight then just start to tighten each one up using some force to get it to fit. I thought I was going to break mine but all was ok. It seems that they have changed the measurements slightly on the newer kits. I can sympathise with you as mine was a bitch to fit.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Well I'll wait till one of the Dye guys looks at this thread and tells me what to do. I'd rather that than break it because I was too heavy handed. It's pretty flimsy afterall.

And it's a bit hard to fit all the screws when 1/2 don't even go over the top of the holes let alone slide into them slightly.