The Home Of European Paintball

Common Mistakes You See Made

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Not knowing how to stand properly.

Oh so often do you see players standing with a poor posture that does their game no favours. As Robbo and many other top guys say, the most important thing in ball you need to be aware of is you position and how much your present to your opposition to get shot at. Standing with your legs about shoulder width apart in a lose but well grounded way that is side on to the barricade would most players a lot of favours. Standing correctly helps snapshotting, maintaining accuracy as well as allowing ease of motion from your bunker. So many times have i seen players get eliminated by foot and knee shots that could have been easily avoided by paying more attention to how they were standing.

Look at this knob-head and how he's standing.

Look at that leg!! It's almost in Birmingham! It comes as no surprise that at this tourney he got taken out in two games with a foot shot and a knee shot. Fair enough he took out 3 people including one bunkering in this game but that could be easily attibuted to luck. More practise is needed, Nexus' seminar would we very useful for this hapless individual who a few months ago used to be able to stand straight.

by the by......that's me that is :p

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
The first photo was how to do it, the second most definitely was not.

Anyway, anyone worth their salt shoots from the hip baby. Piper says so, so it must be true :D

Originally posted by stark
Hoppers. Way above your head b/c your trying to look down the barrel or hanging out the wrong way. Your Hopper should be at eye level and inclined towards your bunker

A couple of random pics from paintballphotos.co.uk

Right:
http://www.paintballphotos.co.uk/gallery/album39/A54E4220

Wrong:
http://www.paintballphotos.co.uk/gallery/album304/IMG_1799
i can understand this, but the difference is, the right dude, is using a low rise (i think) and no drop forward! but the wrong guy has a big ass high rise and a drop, how can u shoot properly if u use a drop and a high rise?

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
its more of a new player mistake than a common mistake, but moving at all to let the judges get a better look at you. until he says neutral kep playing in your normal position n dont let him touch u in any way!

A real nasty habit that i have is to go into a constant rythm when i sanp shoot, as i sometimes just want to shoot that guy and i keep coming out of the same place in regular times, working on tht now!:D

Another bad habit is to come in to pot up and instead of looking at the game and watching out for moves and or muggings, stare at your loader...!

hankin

Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by -Suicide-
i can understand this, but the difference is, the right dude, is using a low rise (i think) and no drop forward! but the wrong guy has a big ass high rise and a drop, how can u shoot properly if u use a drop and a high rise?

The simple answer is don not use a hi rise and a drop. the idea of a drop is to shorten your gun so you can play tight, if its not helping you play tight there is no point in using it.

If you do insist on using this setup then you will have to tilt your hopper inwards to put the revi below your head height.

this won’t work when running as you will end up blocking your view or increasing your profile on the off side. This would mean you have to shoot from da hip mo fo