Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Comparing DM9, Droid, EGO9, and GEO paintball marker.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Ok then can you tell me how it feel? How was the accuracy compare with A5 tippmann? Can you explain about the DM9 & EGO9?

i prefer them purly due to how they feel while im holding them, and how the trigger feels, but i havent used the geo or droid befor, so i cant realy comment.

and if your talking about a on/off asa on the droid, again i dont know, but i would have thought that it has one, if not you could always pick up an after market one.

skeg21

Feb 11, 2008
Northeast
i've had the pleasure of shooting all these apart from the droid so cant comment on that one.

If you are looking for a gun that shoots really accurate then the dm9 is the one to go for (out of 3 apart from droid) they really are ball on ball accurate however a little complicated compared to ego/geo as the eclipse markers have an led board so you can set it all up on the back of the gun, dm's is flashing coloured lights to set the firing mode.

Also the dm needs more up-keep compared to eclipse.
the geo is pretty close to the dm for accuracy and i find feels really nice when holding in even with the low profile.
Dm is pretty sweet and if i were to put £1k on a gun it would be that one.
The ego is still as good as ever and pretty much maintenance free and wont cause any problems and easy to use..

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Go on their respective websites mate and read up about how they work etc etc.

Have a look at youtube too :) A lot of people have reviews of them, i'd recommend techpb for marker reviews.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks a lot dude. Ya I'm thinking about the DM9 too. It look like very nice but I don't know is that really accurate and is that really got a nice feeling. But may I know that what marker that you using right now? And which hopper that you using now?

The DM9 look very cool and the EGO9 not bad. Can you tell me what is the different between 2 of this marker?

i've had the pleasure of shooting all these apart from the droid so cant comment on that one.

If you are looking for a gun that shoots really accurate then the dm9 is the one to go for (out of 3 apart from droid) they really are ball on ball accurate however a little complicated compared to ego/geo as the eclipse markers have an led board so you can set it all up on the back of the gun, dm's is flashing coloured lights to set the firing mode.

Also the dm needs more up-keep compared to eclipse.
the geo is pretty close to the dm for accuracy and i find feels really nice when holding in even with the low profile.
Dm is pretty sweet and if i were to put £1k on a gun it would be that one.
The ego is still as good as ever and pretty much maintenance free and wont cause any problems and easy to use..

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks dude I will check it out.

Go on their respective websites mate and read up about how they work etc etc.

Have a look at youtube too :) A lot of people have reviews of them, i'd recommend techpb for marker reviews.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Ive shot all 3 and personal opinion on 'feel' (by feel i mean how they hold and how they shoot) would be:

1. Droid
2. DM9
3. Ego/Geo

All very accurate, accuracy with all high end guns mainly comes down to paint/bore match of the barrel. The Ego has LCD screen so programming is very easy. The DM and Droid both use LEDs so you need to remeber the colours for chaniging settings (or keep a manual handy)

All of the guns require some maintenance, the Ego less so than the others (Poppit marker rather than spoolie so no worries on O rings in firing can/bolt)

As mentioned check out the respective manufactures websites for a read up on them.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I have to agree with sid with regards to the Droid.
I'm on my 3rd droid and have to say its probably the most natural feeling gun i have shot in 18 years of paintball and never fails to put a smile on my face when using it.

But as the saying goes "one mans meat is another mans poison"

skeg21

Feb 11, 2008
Northeast
yeah i'm using a ego09 at theminute (due to sponsorship) with the dye rotor (hopper) which i have to say is the best hopper i'vwe used, its quick and reliable and will never fail!!!!!

as sid said they are all very very accurate however i feel the dm being a spool valve compared to the poppet valve of the ego 09 is more accurate when in ramping as there is less kick to it however the lights got me and happy with the ego 09 display and ease of use.

used to shoot a dm8 and wish i didn't have to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!

My top 3/4
1. DM9
2. Ego09
3. Geo
4. Droid

(droid at no4. only as i have no use of this gat to rate it)
check out some reviews on the net pbreview is a good place to look and see what everyone has put

azzri

Vanguard Tech
May 18, 2009
Malaysia
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I'm from malaysia. How about you? Any suggestion or comment? Please guide me or let me learn from you thanks.
im malaysian too. I myself have only shot an SL94 and the DM9 so i cant offer much opinion on them but i can say that their prices are overinflated in malaysia. It boils down to the kind of games you are into. From your A5 im assuming that you play a lot of woods ball. I've seen players hauling egos into the humid malaysian jungle but not geos or DMs :D. not sure why though.

Werdna Holz in Cheras, comes highly recommended. i've only dealt with them over the phone as im from Kuching but i am always impressed with their customer service. Im not sure what other brands they have in their shop, but i urge you to call up and ask to try the Dangerous Power Rev-i or G3. They are an authorised dealer and service centre for dangerous power so you dont have to wait months for your parts to arrive.

anyway, in keeping with the topic i'd go
Geo
Ego
DM9
Droid ( parts are really hard to come by in Malaysia)

azzri