Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Comparing DM9, Droid, EGO9, and GEO paintball marker.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for the sharing everybody here. Many many thanks from all of you. Ya I guess I know what I want now. I think I better try EGO9 and DM9 and see what is the response.

So anything I'll come back to you all again and nice to meet you all here. Have a nice day.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Hi which state are ou from? And can you tell me that where is those shop located? Cause I know Skirmish and Napshot. Both of them selling very expensive. Do you have any recommend?

im malaysian too. I myself have only shot an SL94 and the DM9 so i cant offer much opinion on them but i can say that their prices are overinflated in malaysia. It boils down to the kind of games you are into. From your A5 im assuming that you play a lot of woods ball. I've seen players hauling egos into the humid malaysian jungle but not geos or DMs :D. not sure why though.

Werdna Holz in Cheras, comes highly recommended. i've only dealt with them over the phone as im from Kuching but i am always impressed with their customer service. Im not sure what other brands they have in their shop, but i urge you to call up and ask to try the Dangerous Power Rev-i or G3. They are an authorised dealer and service centre for dangerous power so you dont have to wait months for your parts to arrive.

anyway, in keeping with the topic i'd go
Geo
Ego
DM9
Droid ( parts are really hard to come by in Malaysia)

azzri

custard cavalier

Sep 19, 2006
yeah i'm using a ego09 at theminute (due to sponsorship)

used to shoot a dm8 and wish i didn't have to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!

My top 3/4
1. DM9
2. Ego09
3. Geo
4. Droid

(droid at no4. only as i have no use of this gat to rate it)
check out some reviews on the net pbreview is a good place to look and see what everyone has put
always makes me laugh when a sponsored team player rates a diffrent manufacturers gun better than what they shoot, I wonder how they feel about that??

azzri

Vanguard Tech
May 18, 2009
Malaysia
Hi which state are ou from? And can you tell me that where is those shop located? Cause I know Skirmish and Napshot. Both of them selling very expensive. Do you have any recommend?

Im from kuching, sarawak. How about you? werdna holz has a website..http://www.werdnahol.com/shop/index.php?searchStr=bolt&_a=viewCat&Submit=Go
i havent had the time to visit their shop yet and i deal with them over the phone. But i've heard that its a pretty decent place. Ewan is the person to look for..i have his mobile number if you want it. We also have some proshops in kuching which sells 2nd hand markers... mostly egos.

azzri

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
may be a bit late on this one, but i own a etek2 and dm8 - and tbh the dm8 out the lot feels the best, light, feels snug on the hand, (id change trigger to a critical but thats personal preference), there fast, reliable and accurate, only real difference you need to know between dm9 and ego9 as im sure you know allready is dm9 is spoole, and ego is popit - so as said before mate try them out, see what you think buddy :D

p.s - i know you asked about dm9, but the dm8 was allready excellent, so the dm9 can only be perfect! lol - i shot a dm9 a few months back, was a dream to shoot, ball for ball on target , happy testing!

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Hi once again. Thanks for your replied. Yes please send me the number so that I can compare the price with others. So how much is the 2nd hand marker like DM8 or others like Droids? Does anyone here know about Droids? Can anyone explain to me? Cause my friend told me that Droids is a good marker too but don't compare with DM9 or EGO9. I just want to know is that the Droids can safe the gas and the marker very quiet and better accuracy?

Im from kuching, sarawak. How about you? werdna holz has a website..http://www.werdnahol.com/shop/index.php?searchStr=bolt&_a=viewCat&Submit=Go
i havent had the time to visit their shop yet and i deal with them over the phone. But i've heard that its a pretty decent place. Ewan is the person to look for..i have his mobile number if you want it. We also have some proshops in kuching which sells 2nd hand markers... mostly egos.

azzri

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Oh I'd forgotten to tell you that I'm from KL. Do you come here and play before?

azzri

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
The Droid is a great gun, more efficient than the DM and Ego and better built too. Accuracy is mainly down to barrel to bore match but the matchstick barrel is excellent and the reg is possibly the second best on the market (after AKA 2 litre.) Droids are fantastic by far a smoother shooter than the Ego. Only downside is it can be difficult to find parts (depends if anyone near you stocks them) Egos are fantastically reliable and never break! the DMs are smooth and efficient too. Its a tough call between the three as all top end guns are very very very good.

azzri

Vanguard Tech
May 18, 2009
Malaysia
Oh I'd forgotten to tell you that I'm from KL. Do you come here and play before?
Prices are on the website... i've not played in kl recently...there's an issue of taking markers on board aeroplanes...:D. I think sid and everyone else have answered most of your question.. but only u can decide... :D

azzri

bayushi

Jul 15, 2009
I have either owned/used the following markers:

Ego 8/9,
Droid,
Geo.

I have also recently purchased a DM9 but I have yet to use it so I can't give a fair comment on its performance.

Among the markers, my personal preference would be the Droid. It is efficient for a spool and relatively maintenance free aside from the occasional lubing of the bolt assembly (which is normal for all spools). To be honest I find the hype about Egos a bit over rated but they are easy to use and maintain (poppets are generally easier to maintain). I too live and play in KL and I have never had any problems finding spare parts for all the markers above. If you were to ask me to rate the markers based on my own personal preference, it would be in the following order:

1) Droid
2) Egos
3) Geo

You will notice that I haven't included DM's in my personal preference ratings simply due to the fact that I have not used it yet. In terms of pricing, you can get some Droids pretty cheaply now compared to Egos/Geos and DM's. I think this is simply due to the fact that there isn't that much hype and exposure to Macdev but again thats a personal opinion. Anyway if you want to talk more about it or possibly even try out the markers feel free to PM me, we can perhaps chat about it over the phone.

BTW I do use the markers in woodsball as well as speedball and so far I have never had any major issues with the markers in both situations.