Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Complete beginner, any advice welcome please :)

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
If you are playing at a site then generally you get free air fills as part of your playing fee.
looking into things and it seem a bit pointless to have and worry about my dive bottle if you get free fills.

A little concerned about filling after reading threads, but im sure its no massive problem.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
looking into things and it seem a bit pointless to have and worry about my dive bottle if you get free fills.

A little concerned about filling after reading threads, but im sure its no massive problem.
the only reason that tanks could have been an issue for you guys was because of what sites are available for you to play at. any sites that run walk ons really have to supply air or else its all a bit pointless, and as mentioned it is free as part of your playing fee.

The dive cylinder rig is good for going to visit obscure sites that dont generally offer facilities for people using their own equipment or dont run walkons. these situations are so few and far between its not worth bothering about so getting a pball tank is a great idea unless there is a site you know you will be regularly playing at that can offer you a tank to borrow. once you start moving about sites this obviously might not be possible any more and at this point i would go for getting a tank for both of you.

Reactions: basktm

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
Since you already have a dive cylinder then, at some point at least, you may as well pay for a fill rig and have the convenience of air available if you want to test your marker at home after maintenance etc. Chances are that you'll leave site at the end of a days play with little to no air left.

If you didn't already have a cylinder then I'd say not to bother, unless you know you might play at sites that don't have air (co2 only - there are still some out there!), as it is a fair investment.

Other than that just concentrate on getting yourself a good bottle, 1.1L fibre wrap is the most common 4500 psi, and fill at site. With the Super 6 series committing to 4.5k air for those events and at least the Warped Big Game having 4.5k available, this is the year when organisers are starting to listen and make sure we have the facility to make full use of the expensive fibre wrap botlles that we pay for.

If you can't stretch to £100+ for a fibre wrap straight off then just get yourself a 0.8L steelie (cost £20-£40 used/new) and buy a new bottle as you can afford. If you can get 2nd hand again then you can get most, if not all, of your money back when you sell on and upgrade in time.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
thanks again m8, i think what i/we are going to do is get all the basics as soon as possible, all second hand i expect.

Just going to get cheap ish stuff, get out their play a few games and see what its all about, meet some nice folk, chat to people then upgrade as and when we can, and keep the cheaper stuff as spare or to lend to friends and get them involved :)

Looking for a cheap ion and bottle and rotor for the boy and a proto or cheap etek with bits for me :)

think its best if i go cheap and then i can see and test other stuff while im out and about.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
That's it mate, you've got the right idea. Get yourselves to some games and try different stuff before you start the big spend.

You'll find the Renegade Rebels at every significant event next year so feel free to come along for a chat. We're always happy to let keen guys have a go with different kit. We've got Macdev Clone/Drone, Smart Parts Ion/SP1, Ego, Vanguard Creed, TM7, Angels, Invert Mini, TPX & Tac8 pistols and lots of other shiny stuff you could have a play with before deciding what's best for you.

If you fancy District 10 in February then book in as Prawns, as we are leading that faction, and come hang out with us and try some different kit.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
thanks a lot m8, sounds like a great plan, i/ we had a date of end of jan to have our basic gear sorted (christmas and all that) and hopefully playing by then :)

Were are you guys from and where is the district 10 ?
Do i need to do anything to come along or just book and turn up ?

Also is their a calender or something on here that lists up coming events or is it just the events page ?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
thanks a lot m8, sounds like a great plan, i/ we had a date of end of jan to have our basic gear sorted (christmas and all that) and hopefully playing by then :)

Were are you guys from and where is the district 10 ?
Do i need to do anything to come along or just book and turn up ?

Also is their a calender or something on here that lists up coming events or is it just the events page ?
have a look at The 2011 scenario calendar for everything you need

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
kool thanks liam, cant wait to get stated :D

Theirs at least 4 events i can make next/this year without travelling to far :)

Going to have to get my bits in gear and buy some stuff. :( soon

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Hey peeps
thought i should keep you all updated as you helped so much :)

So here is the standings now, i took all your advise, well most of it :) , gave my boy some extra wedge for crimbo, he has £150 now, i got him (or hope to of pending payment) a basic Ion to start (im buying this for him) he's going to use his money for a good mask and hopper (I4's or I3's i expect and halo or rotor) and a basic tank for now.

So for me, i have about £150 to spend on a marker ? this is where i need help, what to get ???
I'm also getting the I3's or 4's probally 4's and a halo or rotor, again prob rotor.
Then i will have somewhere in the region of £35-£45 for a tank, again ideas as what i can or should look for for this money ?

Cheers peeps

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
thought i would use this thread for another noob question.

i have just ordered some dye lock lids, and when i used some on a walk-on, i noticed they would not fit in the battle pack my son was using

So to make sure i dont make a mistake, will the locklids fit in all or do i need a certain type or size ????? could you give some makes/names that they def fit ??

cheers wayne