Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Complete beginner, any advice welcome please :)

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
The Dye 6 pod battle packs fit locklids fine. Some vest pod pouches will struggle as most just stretch to fit 140 shot pots OK.

For MOLLE type tac vests, the best pouches for fitting locklids are the Viper P90 pouches.

At £35-£40 for an air system you're really only limited to getting something like a 0.8L steely.

With £150 for a marker it depends what type you've decided on. If a tourney style then I guess you're in the realms of a 2nd hand Etek1 or 2. If Milsim/Tactical then it should get you something like a BT TM7.

However,if you fancy something a bit different and custom then check out a modded gommie SP1 over at http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18990 Blackhearted SP1, double trigger, custom side feed rip-clip mod (no need for another hopper), rifled hammerhead barrel.

If you did go for that then you'd actually save money on that rotor that you could add to your bottle money and get a fibre wrap 1.1L 4500 psi air system with.

Maybe something a bit different to think about.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
thanks mick as always good advise, as always.

I've pretty much sorted what i'm getting now, my boys got a sweet little ion and a steelie and VL select.

i'm looking at a ego7 ish and ive got a halo V35, tank still to buy but will go with something good fist time out.

my main question was about the lock-lids, as i dont want to buy a pack that they dont fit :(, were mainly sticking to tourney stuff, as it suits both if we decide to go the tourney route.

Punter337

Domination
Nov 5, 2010
Norfolk
All the Dye Packs fit locklids and so do all the Planet Eclipse/Empire however only some of the NXe ones do and not sure bout any other brands if im being honest though just buy one off of the classified section on here some good deals out there... and if your unsure you can ask the bloke whos selling if they fit before you buy it....:D

Reactions: basktm

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
here we go again :D

Looking to get a tank for my boy, the 1.1 sleelie is just to big and heavy for him to use, the weight isnt such a problem (he'll get stronger :) ) but the size is, its like he's sniping at arms length :) .

I have seen a few botts that look good, i going for second hand of here, what i need to know are the names or name of the smallest physical size bottle out their, now we have agreed he's going to have to have a 0.8 but out of these which one is physically the smallest ???

thanks
wayne

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Hello mate

If you come down to training with Kinetic, the guys on the team have a wide variety of bottles. So you and your boy can try them out for yourselves.

If poss avoid buying anything til you have come down to training as if you do decide to play more regularly and train with us there is certain stuff you cant use in events due to our sponsorships. Thought id mention it so you dont have to fork out twice.

PM me on our forum if you have any questions mate.

Cheers Craig P

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Hello mate

If you come down to training with Kinetic, the guys on the team have a wide variety of bottles. So you and your boy can try them out for yourselves.

If poss avoid buying anything til you have come down to training as if you do decide to play more regularly and train with us there is certain stuff you cant use in events due to our sponsorships. Thought id mention it so you dont have to fork out twice.

PM me on our forum if you have any questions mate.

Cheers Craig P
cheers craig, not really looking for gear (clothing) just yet, but trying to keep my eye out for anything that comes along at the right money :thumb:

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
The smallest HPA bottle you can get is a 13ci tank, but you don't want to be running with that as you'll get 100-150 shots with a normal marker. They are more for specific setups or limited ammo games.

Realistically a 0.8L (48cu) is what you are looking at and will do you around 500 (ish) shots. If weight is the biggest concern then a 1.1L fibre wrap will be lighter than a 0.8L steelie but give you much more shots (due to both the 30% extra volume AND 50% extra pressure = around twice the number of shots). However, it will set you back a fair bit more money.

Of course the other option is take the weight off the marker by getting him a tactical vest, or pack with bottle holder, and run with a remote line. If you do that I'd advise a tac vest as you get better support. You'll find a waist secured pack, with the weight of a bottle in, will slip downwards over the course of play.

Reactions: basktm

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Here we go again, might as well keep my questions all in one place :D

Just seen a few things saying FW bottle's need testing every 3 years :eek:

is this correct or is it 5 as i thought ??

How would i know if mine was 3 or 5 ??