Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Concerning the UWL ........ and all who sail in her !!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
One of the more worrying aspects of barnett' s insidious involvement in our sport is the relatively newly created UWL.
The format is essentially a good idea because it acts as a bridge between woodland paintball and tournament teams much in the same way as we did back in the days of old.
The problem we now have is tim barnett' s infection of it.

I think any team considering playing UWL needs to take a long hard look at what, or rather who they are supporting when thinking about playing in that league.
Thankfully, it's not a situation that's polarised in terms of you play it or you don't.
There's a middle road to opt for that gets the best of all world's albeit taking a stand against barnett by refusing to play in it all the time he's involved.

The most constructive protest you can adopt is by making your views known to the guy who owns the UWL in the US.

His name is Tommy Cole and he's one of our sport's good guys but he's not fully aware as to what barnett is all about nor does he realise the strength of feeling against barnett.

I've had a couple of conversations with Tommy already but the bottom line is always going to be the paying customer, you guys.

He needs to hear from you if you feel you cannot, in all conscience, subscribe to putting your money into barnett's grubby little pocket by playing in it.

Tommy's email address is bctom1776@gmail.com
If you feel barnett' s involvement in the UWL is inappropriate in any way, and it prevents you from signing up to play it, then just email Tommy and make your views known to him.
He'll be pleased to hear from you I'm sure because I know Tommy wants to do what's right for his players and the last thing he needs is someone like barnett fuhkin things up by estranging players and industry alike.

And it is on that basis, he would welcome any help in advising his best course of action.
As I say, he's one of the good guys in paintball.
Once again, his email address is bctom1776@gmail.com

It's up to you guys to flex your muscles, get pro-active and make a stand otherwise all we do is endorse and encourage barnett to continue poisoning our beloved sport.
And trust me on this next point, as much as I was proved right when telling Simon Cole that it was merely a matter of time before he would be fuhk'd over and betrayed by barnett, I am 100% convinced barnett would misuse any involvement he might have with the UWL to the detriment of our player base over here.
He will distort anything he touches, he's done it before and he'll do it again ...

And if you think barnett is bad now, he'll be a frikkin nightmare if he remains unchecked and allowed to gain any more of a foothold - we need to stop him !!!

As for us on P8ntballer?
It will come as little surprise to know that we will not be supporting the UWL in any way, shape or form until barnett is gone.
As soon as he has departed, we will be 100% on board and we'll take a supportive role as it should be.

If barnett got booted off or resigned his involvement with the UWL then there is an absolutely perfect replacement for him.
If barnett had one atom of integrity, he'd resign his connection with the UWL because of what's been said about him and his actions.
But, as we are now becoming increasingly aware, any notion of 'integrity' and barnett are mutually exclusive
Also, there is no way I would be expecting Tommy to ditch barnett without a replacement lined up..

The last thing I'd wanna do is drop Tommy in the sh!t by leaving him without someone to run the UWL over here and so I have proposed the perfect replacements.
The biggest and best rec/scenario game in the UK is Warped Sport's North v South extravaganza.

Jim Frensham and Tim Taylor are the biggest and best big event promoters in Europe and have proved time and time again they have the customer at the forefront of their mind - they constantly deliver a great product year after year and it looks as though next year's event will break 2,000 which is an astonishing achievement for UK paintball and its players.

And the irony is, as much as barnett suggests I make things up, lie, exaggerate things or whatever, Jim and Tim have had personal experience with barnett where they have been the recipient of barnett's threats to destroy them - as of yet, no such destruction has taken place .. and it never will.

If any of you guys out there think I have just made this up or misquoted anything, give Tim or Jim a call at Warped, and ask them exactly what barnett threatened.

All Jim and Tim have ever tried to do is to move our sport forward, and the reason why barnett threatened them was because barnett viewed them as competition, and still does.
Seemingly, that's enough for barnett to begin making threats of this kind - barnett always denies these threats have been made which is astonishing because it's so easy to check he's lying, just ring these people up and ask them.

As for Jim and Tim of Warped?

They would do a much better job in promoting and running the UWL and nobody would be getting deceived, bullied, threatened, lied to or short-changed.
barnett is but a worm to these guys, they are the real deal - they will not only run the UWL but they will help develop it for the benefit of all concerned parties, especially for the players.

Teams and players now have a crisis of conscience to be negotiated, I sincerely hope people do the right thing from now on because barnett cannot be allowed to infect us further.
He is far too divisive and he's only involved in paintball to screw as much as he can out of our sport's players at any cost

Reactions: Evil Rich and Dusty

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
A number of Sandbagger teams already play UWL, and Planet is the main sponsor of Staargate, the big game that also hosts the UK UWL final.

Perhaps the way forward would be to make it the Eclipse UWL.

Reactions: Dusty and phil-boy

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Chah, that would work easily enough but I don't think they have enough time available to run things whereas Jim and Tim would make a seamless fit.

As for you Andy?
If it bores you, then why bother posting, I don't think the world is necessarily hinged upon whether you are bored or not and so the post is somewhat academic but if you were truly bored with it all, you wouldn't have posted.

And besides, who are you to tell anyone as to what's important in UK paintball and what isn't.
What have you done in the past to either protect or promote and of paintball's differing formats or leagues?
I suspect nothing, and so if you do value what happens with our sport, as I'd like to think so, then perhaps a better stance might be to try and help our leagues start off on the right road .....

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
To instigate conversation........is that not what you posted your drivel for!!

I'm pretty sure the uwl is operating very well, as they've had, from what I hear, 2 very successful season, with very little cause for concern from, well, any of the players I've spoken too!

I suppose my counter question to you is, who on earth are you to be post comments that are, for the most part, damaging to "our sport". Because from my perspective, you own a website.....that's all

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Andy, I don't know if you are being deliberately ignorant or your are just genetically that way inclined but don't you think that Simon Cole's experience tends to suggest that 'so far so good' has its dangers???

The UWL up until now has not been a huge success and nor will it ever be all the time someone like your fuhrer has something to do with it.
As for me just owning a website, that's true but it's a website that has clout and the ears of almost every baller in Europe which is a derivative of 27 years of my life being involved in paintball, what are your credentials Andy, what you got???

I don't like being told I author drivel, it offends me somewhat because I think about what I write instead of just a knee-jerking response such ss yours and so whenever someone like you comes into this house, I have to ask myself, 'Am I comfortable with you here'?
The answer is obvious and if you continue to yank my chain, I'll flush you away .. and so, please, don't start on me otherwise it's pretty predictable where it will end ...
And that end has nothing to do with the closing down of opposing views or blocking other people's points, it has however, everything to do with me not liking the sort of person you seem to be ...

PS I don't much like being accused of damaging UK paintball though, trying to protect it maybe but not damaging it .... and by the way, I'm a conduit for my own opinion and others, do you believe that all the people in the barnett thread are equally damaging to UK Paintball or do you only suggest as much because I opened up a thread regarding the UWL
If it is that then where am I supposed to draw the line regarding barnett's involvement?
Do I ignore the UWL and allow his insidious influence to further destabilise UK paintball as would surely happen or don't you believe as much.
If you don't then say so, and also say why .. but don't insult me by using the word 'drivel' or your tenure here will be extremely short-lived.

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Lol Andy being bored doesn't count but endless drivel from you does?

You are doing more harm to uk paintball than good IMO instead of dragging the uk paintball scene through the mud take you grievance to barnetts door
Key phrase there is "IMO" which you are of course entitled to, doesn't make it correct though....

Reactions: gambo47