Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cool technique??

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I am a fairly new paintballer, and I was reading paintball news and I read that a women played six tounament player guys, and she marked them all out! She was using a crawling technique, and in the interview she said she was able to sneak up on on a guy and take his gun! I thought being new and all, that crawling was a cool and good idea. Has anyone ever herd of that before? Thanks for looking. :)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Crawling is usually done by really experienced players, mainly because it requires a good understanding of when it can be used effectively. It is highly effective when done at the right place and right time. Basically it is used to break a stalemate between front guys that are slinging a lot of paint and have even more sailing over their heads but can't get an edge and running would be too obvious. You have to walk the field and assess where and when it would be possible and at what point in time and circumstances (how many people left on each side, who firing at who, etc.) it can be most effective and least expected. It is risky: if you're caught you will be hosed mercilessly with little chance to defend yourself unless you're looking straight at where you expect the only person that will look at you to be.

Ask around, observe, and experiment. Good luck!

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
yeah

i did it at my local.
it was a certain senario where the oposite team were all in just 3 bunkers at the bottom of the hill and we had to get in there bunkers without being shoot.
i used the crawl getting to the bottom of the hill without them seeing me
there was alot of grass and shrubs to the side of the hill and crawled my way down that,right out on the flank i was as its alommost never used in the middle of the field
after i there were no shrubs i waited,i was close enough to shoot but the grassaround me would break the balls as i shoot them so i used my back mussels to rear up and tag all 3 of them in the bunker before storming the other bunkers

hope that helped

dan:)

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
remember

remember that paint breaks easy on anything if your lying in gras shrubs or anything the paint wll break on the banches and not you so dont be afraid if they can see you and start firing they just cant hit you,when they have finished carry on as you were

also rememebr these when crawling
1.never do it in the middle of the field,it will mean you can be hit from all angles and you probably will
2.best time to do it is in a stalemate situation if nothing is happening then thats the time to do it,even if you just get the attention of one of the enemy it will mean someone can back you up and take him out while there distracted,or make a move on him/them
3.do it if there is shrubs or any other kind of object in the way of you and the opponent,which means not to do it if there is nothing in the way ofthe opponant(meaning he has a clear shoot)

so in conclustion work on the flanks(wings) and use the enviroment around you to provide cover
its also good to use the techneque towards the end of the game

hope that helped i thik i havent missed anything out,if i have then hopefully one of the others will point it out

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
yes

it would be better because you wouldnt be see as well but it can be impractical because if you try and run at someone the netting could get traped on a bush o you trip over it etc,it best to jut were camo as it wont get in the way,however if you could pu some netting inyour pocket and take it out when yu need it,then that might work