Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cool technique??

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Back men help

This was a three on one situation, so it wasn't as risky, but it shows how effective crawling can be:

My middle and back men moved up to within two bunkers of the target. They were exchanging fire with him from opposite sides, basically keeping him hidden behind the bunker. I decided to crawl towards him, the bunker was only about three feet tall, so he would have seen me had I tried anything else. I crawled for about twenty feet, finally getting with in about eight feet of his bunker. Then he poked his head out and saw me. He popped out and would have left me dripping with paint, but he forgot the other two guys- who shot him (and saved my ass). So, the moral of the story is scurry your butt where you want to go as fast as you can.

Manning26

Brian, the most important thing about crawling is KEEP YOUT BUTT DOWN! It makes no sense to crawl if your butt's three feet up in the air the whole time. Be patient, listen to everything going on around you, and don't cry when you get hosed down by the jerk who ends up seeing you, it sucks, but it'll happen eventually. By the way, you can crawl out in the center of the melee, as long as your oppositions' heads are down, you're fine. There's a new Hyperball field out here that my team practiced on a couple of weeks ago, and I was able to crawl right up the center to the fifty as long as my back guys kept the tape guy's head in on this one particular side of the field. That was on a flat, fairly open, Hyperball field, not all fields have crawl lanes, but many still do. It's good to keep an eye out for blind spots at your local field where you can pull it off, it's nerve-racking, but also very satisfying when you get it.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I've always kinda been a "sneaky *******" (mostly because I was forced to play with a pump and had no accuracy skills so I my only hope was to take people by suprise within ten feet) but I've only used the crawl once, and it worked GREAT! Scenario:

Huge, woodland, "defend the base" scenario. I had run about a half-mile wide of the base while the game was going on and managed to get behind the base. The first time I tried to advance in to the base I was seen, but the person called that I was there turned his head away from the bunker where I was located and I used that moment to run to the right side of the field. He and another player sat and waited for me to move, but I just stayed where I was and eventually they forgot about me (I had to stay motionless for over 10 minutes, we usually play long games). They were on the top of the base looking down. Thankfully, someone from my team went crazy and started shooting like mad at them so they had to duck down for a second. I used that split second to bolt in to their base and nab three people.

I just realized after typing all that that I actually didn't do a crawl. Oh well, I now deem the name of this thread "patience" as that is the only thing I hope got across in this post. Then again, I have zilch for experience compared to about 99% of the members of this forum so oh no I've gone cross-eyed. >_<

bm8282

Lite em' uper
Nov 19, 2001
Pittsburgh
Visit site
i got blasted wen i crawled once, it stung cause i got shot around 30 times on my back and neck from 10 feet away,

**TIP--do not crawl right by the team and talk to them!!! results may vary!!:rolleyes:

bm8282

Lite em' uper
Nov 19, 2001
Pittsburgh
Visit site
but normally i am sucessful at the crawling technique, but i agree with the person that said it has to be done at the right time and the right place (i.e. not in a open field when the other players are 10 yds away):D :D :D

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I agree too. I tryied the "crawl" yesterday and it worked! The scenario was: It was an all agians all battle. Since there was only three players it worked out ok. I starte heading towards the castle, and one of the players was heading right towards me. He didn't see me though. I got down on my belly and watched him for a minute or two. I looked up, and I found the perfect cover possible for this situation. The cover was about 10 meters away from my current position. When I felt that the time was right, I started crawling. Very slowly, so he wouldn't notice me moving. It felt like a century when I finally got to the cover. I waited for the guy to get about 10-15 feet away, and I poped out and taged him! It was a really good feeling. What perfect timing also. I must say **It can be done** LOL. ;)