Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cool technique??

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
*sniff* my first bunkering...

Today when I played paintball it was awesome. There were four tournament players there with their cockers and everything (I'm used to playing against newbies). Anyway, during one of the games, it was 3 of us beginners against one of the tournament players (and it was only him left on their team). Well, Brian and this other guy were giving me a lot of cover fire while I CRAWLED up to the guy's bunker. Holy **** that was scary. The guy is really intimidating, he's a big black guy, 6'6 280-ish! Anyway, I proceeded to crawl up to his bunker unharmed, pop over the top and shoot his gun.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

I shot his gun, clear as day (and only once, out of mercy), he then shoots me five times in the hip and doesn't call himself out until the ref comes over and calls him out. What would have happened if he WASN'T the only person left on his team? Would I still be out? That would be a bit unfair if it was true...

JustBeenBunkered

Nov 27, 2001
Visit site
I hardly ever get any bunker moves off correctly... I end up sideshooting people whenever I do get the upper hand, In fact, the only legitimate bunkering move I ever made was actually off the break, at the 50... very cool run by, right in the back of the head... that felt good.

Manning26

Hey Emerson, it's always up to the refs, if they missed you shooting that guy first, then they probably just would've pulled both of you. But, the refs should've been watching your crawl, and waiting to see what was going to happen. Any decent ref would've pulled him, and wiped you clean, doesn't matter if there were more of his teammates on the field. You stud.

Seraph

Samurai Member
Nov 26, 2001
The Woods
www.geocities.com
the best type of bunker is when the guy is the last one left on the team....he's crawling in the snake.....and you just run straight at him and jump over the bunker and him, put two or three shots to him in mid-air! ;)

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Unfortunately, where I play there is only one ref, and they aren't always paying attention. In this scenario he was, but I've seen a lot of possible places where I could've been shot after I tagged him and the ref wouldn't have seen it...

jermanboy

Aug 25, 2001
Independence, MO
Visit site
Emerson, you should hurry and play some tourneys. That way there's as many refs as players, and they still can't tell what happened.

"Double elimination!"

Okay, it's not always like that.;)

Just realized, I posted on my brother's 'puter ~Manning26~

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I am. I'm gonna play at least 4 next year. The field I play at hosts three Macks Extreme Sportz tournies this year. (Though they are scenario games...) I'll do those and probably a Road to Aruba feeder...

I'm getting so much better, I've been playing every weekend for the past two months now, when I started. I've just promoted myself from newbie to beginner, but I still get an whooped by anyone that knows how to play...

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
Emerson, yesterday there were two refs out there. Not like there is a huge differenc of anything. On my second to last , I was attacting the castle with two other guys, and one of the defenders was wearing the same mask as the ref. (Red) As it turned out I shot the ref three times thinking it was that one deffender! :D

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I did that my first time ever playing, but I only shot him once because he was a big target (well, tall, I hit Charlie. Then again, he deserved it for throwing that paint grenade at you ;)). He still doesn't know that was me. :D