Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cornwall, Teams or sites????

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
I'm taking the big plunge and sort of semi retiring from working life and moving to a big FLICK off house in cornwall, I'll still be travelling to all the milleniums and all the PSP events next year, but I want to play just about every week in one way or another, so does anybody know any decent sites in cornwall (the camelford area) I'm also thinking of setting up a little paintball distribution shop as the rents are ridiculously cheap down there, so anyone know of any stores down that way that I may be treading on their toes.
I realise I can actually go onto google and probably find all this out myself, but as some of you will know already, I am incredibly lazy and prefer others that know to tell me.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
There aren't any stores unfortunately. We are setting up a full sized millenium field for training at Truro paintball in the spring.
Cool, Truro not that far from where I'm moving to, so I'll hopefully be a regular down there.
Definitely going to look into setting up a small shop/paint store, even if it's just for me to store all the crap I've accumalated over the years.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The small local community would welcome and support such a venture I'm sure. Get in contact with 'swasp martello' on fb. He has a good handle on things down here

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
@I used to good.Honest a few guys down here have also set up The Cornwall Paintball Club. Its a grass roots club which runs solely for allowing a few of us to play cheap paintball.
The site is a lovely flat field located just outside Camborne and privately owned by one of the guys who has set it up.
They have invested their own money to get it going with a proper netted safety area.
We haven't got sup air inflatables yet though.
Any money made by the club is being invested back into the club. Membership is £25 and there a no walk on fees unless you bring your own paint. If you get paint through the club then there is no fee as a small sum of that goes back into the club with a box starting at £24
Everyone is friendly and welcoming only wanting to have some fun and play some paintball :)
One of the guys played in the elite div CPPS last year all season, I played a couple of events and some if the guys played in the old NSPL.
We are looking at different options over the seasons to come with a few new lads recently started playing with us as well.
If your interested just drop me a message on here or search The Cornwall Paintball Club on Facebook.

Cheers
Will

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
@I used to good.Honest a few guys down here have also set up The Cornwall Paintball Club. Its a grass roots club which runs solely for allowing a few of us to play cheap paintball.
The site is a lovely flat field located just outside Camborne and privately owned by one of the guys who has set it up.
They have invested their own money to get it going with a proper netted safety area.
We haven't got sup air inflatables yet though.
Any money made by the club is being invested back into the club. Membership is £25 and there a no walk on fees unless you bring your own paint. If you get paint through the club then there is no fee as a small sum of that goes back into the club with a box starting at £24
Everyone is friendly and welcoming only wanting to have some fun and play some paintball :)
One of the guys played in the elite div CPPS last year all season, I played a couple of events and some if the guys played in the old NSPL.
We are looking at different options over the seasons to come with a few new lads recently started playing with us as well.
If your interested just drop me a message on here or search The Cornwall Paintball Club on Facebook.

Cheers
Will
I will take a look at the paintball club. In terms of sup air inflatables I know a man who knows a man etc. I can always get stuff . It sounds like something me and my son would enjoy, and good for practise.

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
@I used to good.Honest we have some plans for sup air though atm everything is just being taken slowly as its in its infancy and we don't want to get ahead of ourselves just yet. Though contacts are always good and welcomed as we like to keep an open mind :)
We've finished for this season at the moment but shall starting again at the start of spring next year as think a lot of us will be more than itching to get back on it and have fun :)
Always good for some practise and we do have plans hopefully for a team at some point as well as we have a nice mix of experience and new players who are keen :)
Always nice to see and meet new faces as well!

Hairbear89

Cornwall Paintball Club
Sep 25, 2004
Cornwall
Just here to second Will on this subject.
Pretty much Will has explained all there is to know to be honest [he's a good lad!]. We set the club up trying to get a scene moving down this end of the country really. We are non-profit in the sense that no one individual makes any money from this, and the small amount of money that is made is put back in to the club to better it and keep it evolving. Because the land is privately owned by myself, there's no rent or hidden charges to be covering.
Membership is £25 for a year and free walk on, or a walk on fee if you bring your own paint. We also offer of all grades of paint at really good prices
As Will said above, we have a range of experience on site; from people that have bee playing longer than I've been alive [I'm almost 26], to Div 1 players to kids that have never played before. We just look to have a laugh, learn something along the way and play paintball.

Look us up on the ol' Facebook and have a nose and what we're doing. [https://www.facebook.com/groups/585302051552714/?fref=ts] < that link should do it.

Good luck on the move to Cornwall by the way, I warn you now though, be prepared to slow down haha. We operate on Cornish time down here, where generally everything can wait 'til tomorrow. Beautiful part of the country though, and I'm sure you'll fall in love with the place.

Reactions: The Dead Dodo