Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cost of bunkers 2nd hand

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Hiya, As a uni team we might look at trying to set up some reball. Wanting to work out how much it would be, before trying submitting for a grant?

How much are bunkers 2nd hand and do they come up for sale often?
Do reballs ever come on the 2nd hand market?

Air - I was hopefully going to borrow them from our scuba club and fill them up at a local dive site.

Anything else i have forgotten?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hiya, As a uni team we might look at trying to set up some reball. Wanting to work out how much it would be, before trying submitting for a grant?
How much are bunkers 2nd hand and do they come up for sale often?
A few thousand £ for a full fields worth

The Super5ives have just had to close down their tournament league, and I understand will be selling their bunkers in a while
A similar question came up recently on the assorted paintball Facebook pages, and I think Chris of Super5ives commented
https://www.facebook.com/Super5ives/

They don't come up for sale often as a fields worth, normally at the end of a season from the main leagues, when there is either a particular change to bunkers or for the top leagues when they are old for them. These get snapped up by the next level down of leagues
Singles or a couple of bunkers come up every now and again

Do reballs ever come on the 2nd hand market?
In small numbers every now and again
Note: Rehballs are not paintballs and therefore are not frangible. They have quietly been treated as a grey area legally, which really means they could be illegal. This is especially important at the moment as Tiny Coetser of the magfed world just paid £3000 for the frangibility testing of First Strike shaped Paintballs
Anything other than a sphere paintball or a First Strike shaped round is not currently considered to be a paintball, and possibly illegal

Air - I was hopefully going to borrow them from our scuba club and fill them up at a local dive site.
You can. It will cost per fill, you will then need a paintball fill rig and ideally have a cascade process to maximise the number of fills you get per cylinder
If your source scubas are 4500psi and you fill only to 3000psi (with a regulated fill rig) plus top up little and often rather than drain and fill, then the source will last longer
But the source will drop quickly and the scuba will equalise
There used to be a 'scubatoys' calculator online that estimated the number of fills you can get for paintball from a scuba source

Anything else i have forgotten?

Don't know.
Controlled netted environment, if indoors then still protecting light fittings, false ceilings etc, soft floor, etc lots of wide brooms to sweep up reballs and the ache of collecting and cleaning
Storage of paintball guns, air cylinders and other equipment
University's may not like it kept on site, and probably will had regulations against those in residential halls from keeping theirs in their accommodation

Get in touch with these guys
https://www.facebook.com/UKSPN/

And Chris of the Super5ives used to run Southampton paintball society plus is or was the student paintball rep for the south