Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Counties League

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Might be a noob question, but please feel free to slate me if it is.

Has anybody tried creating an amatuer league before? Reason I'm asking is that in a different thread I'm trying to get other people from Northants to join up for a day's paintballing.

If people in the other counties also tried then there would be enough amatuers per county for a team every month or less with a squad rotation as per there financial commitment.

Obviously there are too many counties so it would be more like each group having an area of 12 counties for the first year or 2 to get the points sorted to seed them into a league setup. Or you keep the 12 counties idea so they don't have to move too far to play.

Anyway ideas or slating mostly appreciated

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
That's where it all started many moons ago. But it was split into a few groups - the home counties being the southern based. All events were woodland back then with the exception of the specials "arena ball" et al. It then digressed into smaller leagues, holmbush, dragons lair etc catering for a smaller group of regulars. Then as supair took on it became the turn of D7's etcbut we did have the M25 league for a while.

The problem you face is getting everyone to work together, both promoters and players. The FED have tried, and not yet given up, but we're not getting far.

The biggest problem in my honest opinion is greed. This isn't a dig at anyone but I general profits are a requirement of the promoter in orders to survive and naturally they want to make more & more money whilst creating the most successful series. On top of that price and value for money plays a big part on the side of the player and of course they naturally want more and more discounts.

The two unfortunately don't mix too well and that's when cost cutting starts. Especially when a new promoter comes on the scene with a wedge of cash in their hands, they start under cutting and under mining the tournament scenes infrastructure. Don't get me wrong, competition keeps everyone on their toes but what's have witnessed in the past is stupidity from both players and promotors.

Some say the industry should then support their customers more to promote the events, but the fact of the matters they too are facing similar tactics in their game. Cheaper paint crops up everyone and then, especially these Chinese brands flying around, all well and good but they don't support the series like your other companies try to do. So faced with that competition in he market they look to cost cut and guess where they find a budget they can raid - yep support and promotion.

I do like the idea of the counties leagues. Back in the day you have divisions within each league and you would advance based upon your position at each event. So you would advance and go down all year round. I can't rememberi if it was based on points or just positions at each event? Those were the good old days...

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Cheers Spike.

Shame that the sites can't see above 1 day's profit for future profits based on fact that they could advertise as offical site of.........

But as you said, it is just down to greed. And all business' is just to make the next buck

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Might be a noob question, but please feel free to slate me if it is.

Has anybody tried creating an amatuer league before? Reason I'm asking is that in a different thread I'm trying to get other people from Northants to join up for a day's paintballing.

If people in the other counties also tried then there would be enough amatuers per county for a team every month or less with a squad rotation as per there financial commitment.

Obviously there are too many counties so it would be more like each group having an area of 12 counties for the first year or 2 to get the points sorted to seed them into a league setup. Or you keep the 12 counties idea so they don't have to move too far to play.

Anyway ideas or slating mostly appreciated
Yes thats probably how it should work. In reality a mixture of money (or lack of), pride, squabbles, politics and more holds it all back. Wish I knew the answer mate.