Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Considering the weather in the morning I thought the day went off very well. Didn't have to many problems other than a dud air station we all had to wait for in the am session. And apart from a few reffing issues, which in those conditions im really not going to mention. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be stood around reffing, I will let pass ;)
Well done rich and the Gang I though it was a very strong opening event :)

Reactions: Lemon and thejackle

EB2008

Mar 5, 2012
I am sorry but I am going to have to disagree,

A) start with the thankless task, the reffing was absolute rubbish, there were variuos wrong calls throughout the the day, they need to get involved and they need to know the rules correctly.

B) The fields are terrible, you expect some tearing up of the fields during the day, you don't expect to be standing in ankle deep water at the start gates for your very first point, if the weather is going to be bad then maybe don't allow the sat training. Yorkie at Bricket has astro and grass, but he checks the weather and the fields before he makes the tough decison to close the fields.

C) The running order needs addressing the wait between games, compared to the travel cost, how long the games last and how many you get is not value for money. Teams have suppossedly signed up for the whole series, the text messages I got yesterday up to 4 teams will not be back next round,

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Awesome day at CPPS considering it was my first tournament there with a completely new team, where we finished 7th in the Championship with 5 Wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. We narrowly missed out on a top 4 finish down to a ref mistake in the game we had a draw in, but the refs are only human ;) they were very helpful and did a very good job imo.
Weather was rubbish in the morning but was bearable and i quite enjoyed playing in those conditions :D
Roll on Round 2!

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfie

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
I'll address a few points quickly.

Fields: due to the wet weather we have had recently we have not been able to do the ground works we wanted but no one has had any issues with this until this weekend. Astro turf has its own issues and it is why we have stayed away from it.

Refs: I saw a few strange calls, some mistakes but the guys do a very good job and are only human. There are a few things that will be addressed as teething problems but no one came and complained to me. If you don not take any issues up with me then we cannot address any problems.

As for value for money...... Prices and game time have been advertised from January on here and how we were going to run formats.
Schedule issues were not helped by players having the urge to fill there air systems with mud via the air stations.

We will do our bit to correct issues but many issues are player created which we cannot control.

I guess it's easier to post critiscm from behind a key board than take the issue up with Mark or myself.

If any team feels unhappy we are only to happy to listen, but in your case pal please feel free to not play our events if we don't meet your needs.

Last edited:

wolfie

Had a great dau even with the bad weather, A couple of ton of wood chip in the pit area and walks ways would help it get not so boggy :) just an idea but stunning round 1 cant wait for round 2, when with the results be up or are they already and just not found them ?

wolfie

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanchez

bbarathy

boBToo
Jul 3, 2006
Somerset UK
Kinetic had a great day playing M7. Field 3 reffing was spot on. Good gamesmanship from the other teams we played with general friendly atmosphere. Weather was interesting but hey what can you do.

spc632

Sep 1, 2008
1st off hope every 1 got back home safe
Got to say had a blast 1st tournament in over 4 year and it was great nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

weather conditions no 1 can help that and with the rain fall we had over night and though out the day no wounder the fields were cutting up.. i don't know what any other field was like but field 2 was wet But that's what come of playing in Briton we should be used to the naff weather ...

Reffs like be.for i can not comment on what other reffs were like on other fields but on field 2 i thought they fine. called the games as fair as they could ... would say may be a wee bit slow of getting into check but hell its pissing down and every 1 was slow at times... but like most people have said only human can not be helped making mistakes

will catch you all sorry some of you at round 2

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
i went there this weekend just to watch/help out and i have to say my major concern was the lack of respect some teams had.

firstly the complaining about the air situation, and yet it was players fault as they didnt check their fill nipples before they attached their bottles. meaning the morning session had real troubles, i didnt even see the afternoon.

the lack of respect for the refs on field 1 was terrible! there was constant arguing with them and complaining. i then came on here and read a thread about how there will be 0 tolerance against abuse with refs this year. so to see that and then still see the amount of abuse they were getting was appalling. the head ref was getting constant flak from the teams. meaning his calls were inconsistent as he was getting fed up with making ballsy calls because he would just get shouted at. if i was him i wouldve ensured that a few of the teams were either penalised or at the very least talked to about their attitude.

and last of all was the lack of respect for each other. it was very rare that each team would talk to each other about the games and congratulate them on winning or at least give them feedback to improve their game. from what im told the cpps is a great warm up for millenium. but there seems to be no one talking to each other about how to improve their performance. its sad to see

i didnt stick around for the second half of the day but the fields did looked pretty screwed by the time we left. im sure it made playing conditions problematic but we've all seen the psp vids where people literally have to slide through puddles. so my response to that would be............ buck up. sometimes it rains.

Reactions: Bolter