Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
I am sorry but I am going to have to disagree,

A) start with the thankless task, the reffing was absolute rubbish, there were variuos wrong calls throughout the the day, they need to get involved and they need to know the rules correctly.

B) The fields are terrible, you expect some tearing up of the fields during the day, you don't expect to be standing in ankle deep water at the start gates for your very first point, if the weather is going to be bad then maybe don't allow the sat training. Yorkie at Bricket has astro and grass, but he checks the weather and the fields before he makes the tough decison to close the fields.

C) The running order needs addressing the wait between games, compared to the travel cost, how long the games last and how many you get is not value for money. Teams have suppossedly signed up for the whole series, the text messages I got yesterday up to 4 teams will not be back next round,
Sorry but what are you really going on about ??? i dont want to thread jack but are you being serious ?

A) Ref it yourself if you can do better - Mistakes are always and will always be made it comes with every sport on the planet !! (goals are disallowed in football penalites given but do those players then go onto a public forum and try to shoot the people who made the mistakes in the first place ?

B) WOW JUST WOW !! next time rich can you please can you run aorund with an umberella so this guy doesnt get wet please and for christ sake dry the field out with a hair dryer will you ! very poor indeed rich :)

C) Im sure rich wont want you there if you have nothing productive to say anyway :)

Oh PS I take it you didnt win on the day then ?????

Last edited:

Bigbaddaveyc

Slow Moving Target
Jan 13, 2011
Whitburn, Sunderland
Sometimes these threads read more like TripAdvisor and the number of bad reviews so i thought i'd have my pennies worth and comment. I was down for my second visit to CPPS, not playing but supporting my son in his first competition. Yes the weather was rubbish but as spc632 said we're in Britain and its the beginning of March, so not really a lot you can do about it, and besides it made for a few more laughs watching teams sliding round the snake.
It was Round 1 and that always tends to be a bit more difficult to get the rust off and back in to the swing of things, and Rich and the team did a great job in very difficult conditions and put on a great specticle again, nothing is too much trouble for these guys and if sensible changes (and cost effective) are made here then i am sure they will be taken on board and changes made for the future, its in nobodies interest for the series to fail.
I do agree with cookie though and the respect for the refs does still need to be improved so in round 2 i think some punishment will need to be dished out if things dont improve, what i dont agree with cookie about was the respect between teams. My boy had loads of coaching on saturday (in the sunshine) from loads of different teams and able to jump in to loads of games and it really brought his game on (some lads were even giving the kids one on one coaching) and there was plenty tech help from them as guns were creaking after a winter in a box. Possibly the miserable conditions on Sunday with the cold and rain brought peoples moods down a bit and thats all i could put it down to but i was still happy with everyone ( apart from the 100 or so people who laughed their socks off when a gust of wind lifted one of the tarps which decided to then offload about 50 gallons of water on me !!!).
Overall a great weekend again, bad weather has to be expected, bark chippings would help, Rich and the guys are second to none, and im looking forward to round 2 already.
cheers guys.

KieranAlderton1

Din Eidyn
Dec 21, 2011
dineidynpaintball.com
From the sounds of it, it was a bundle of laughs. I wish I could have been there but I was enjoying the sun up in Inverness.
Sun in Inverness while rain in the midlands? What is this? The weather isn't controllable. A bit unfortunate that the ground work Rich mentioned couldn't have been done, which would have made the fields a lot better. Things don't always go to plan, the weather doesn't help, but I imagine you would probably have complained if it were too sunny!

I heard that you weren't allowed paint until the Sunday. For our team this meant that they had the wrong paint for the day, but they didn't know that until they had opened and started using it. They managed to swap out paint for some winter stuff, but that could have all been avoided had they been allowed the paint on the Saturday. If any of this is BS, ignore it!

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
A) Ref it yourself if you can do better - Mistakes are always and will always be made it comes with every sport on the planet !! (goals are disallowed in football penalites given but do those players then go onto a public forum and try to shoot the people who made the mistakes in the first place
?
maybe not from the players, but definitely from the fans and media :p

Although the reffing had picked up a bit from when I last played, which I was happy to see. On the race to 2 field (eclipse) I was pleasantly supprised to see consistent reffing, and many of the refs using a common sense aproach, which is a welcome change. Theres always going to be good calls and some not so good, but considering the ****ty weather these guys had to stand through, no complaints on the on field marshalling from me.

How ever, it was a shame to see refs backing down from a call which, from a spectators point, was correct. I won't drop names, because I have nothing but respect for either team involved, but when I read about the zero tollerance in regards to abuse from players I didnt expect to see it gone back on in the very first tournament, I think it was even the very first game on that field.

Scheduling was left, in my eyes at least, wanting. Of course, we were delayed by some on field incidents and even more so with some technical issues (which I'm happy to overlook because mud is always going to play a role in delaying games with quick turn arounds) But the gap between our first game and second, was knocking on a 2 hour wait. Playing our first game shortly after 9 and our second shortly after 11 left a little bit of a sour taste. probably heigtened by the weather, but never the less a long wait in any situation. Because we had such a long wait between our first and second games it made the turn around between our 2nd and 3rd quite short, which confuses me as to why we couldnt of had our games spread evenly.

Malvor123

Sneaky Snorkels
Apr 4, 2010
Birmingham, West Midlands
absolutely loved the day! cant really moan at all apart from one ref getting the arse with me as i did a double run through and he was standing in between both players. championship was great, awesome to play against my old team karma! round 2 boys! had issues with paint as my angel would not shoot it but thats not your fault :) must say a very big round of applause is needed for rich and his team making the day very enjoyable for both me and the team (sneaky snorkels) we shall see everyone at round 2!

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
Would like to Thank Rich, Mark and all the Ref's and crew at CPPS for a great event!

The weather doesnt help anyone or anything when it's like that but hey.. this is England!

Refs did as good a job as they could, yes a few bad calls get made but if you consider the amount of games that they go through I think that the overall % of right calls far outweigh the bad!

Staging area got VERY muddy, although I think that wood chip would be a quick fix as a site it would be a pain in the arse to clean up after.
maybe some sort of plastic pathway that gets used at festivals? Would look after the land more and be easy for deploying and packing away. downside to that is cost.

Food was tasty as usual with good variation!

Thanks again to the refs and all the teams we played from all at Warped

See you all at the next round

Mattski

NPF Raiders
Dec 19, 2011
Birmingham
I've got to say as this was my first tournament i was impressed with how well everything worked, obviously there we're a few gremlins in the morning but lets be fair.. there always will be for the first event after a long break, and to be fair i don't think the weather really helped. Thought the refs got it spot on, didn't have a single bad call from my point of view.. and non of the teams we played seemed to have any issues either.. i know it can be frustrating for the player if opinions differ but give them a break.. it's a hard enough job as it is let alone wading round for us all day. Kudos to them.

I have to agree with Wolfie, i think something thrown down just to aid the walkways and pit areas would help immensely. Only thing i could even say posed an issue was the calls for the fields. After moving to the Mills field for the afternoon it was difficult listening for the calls, sorting kit and getting your ass to the field, especially having a top end table in the pits, maybe this is just something we need to work on personally.

Just like to thank Rich and the team for making it a great day all things considered, and to the teams we played throughout the day!

Bring on round 2! (y)

Reactions: jakob

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
The schedule is going to be looked at, it worked last year with more teams but i am going to double check it.

As for championship and conference teams the idea is not to wait to be called but actually be ready yourself...........we give each team a printed schedule to use and follow.

Back in the days of old you had a central stagging area away from the fields and it was your responsibility to get to the field on time. If teams have trouble with the schedule or how it works we will happily show them :)

Although i do agree that at times turn around by the refs between matches can be sped up but in that wind and rain its not easy to write out the score sheets and liase with teams that are not always easy to deal with lol :)

We have considered woodchip/pathroll etc. Yes its extra cost but its also the setup and clear up after that is the main issue and for one event where to be honest the conditions were difficult but not imposible. Hopefully with some dry weather we can get on with our field maintainance work :)

Please keep the points coming guys as we can only improve if you tell us.

Reactions: wolfie

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Only thing I would like to see, and dunno if its possible with the current air system, is higher speed fills, really struggled at some points when 5 people needed their bottles filled from 1 tap to do this in the 2 minutes between points. Otherwise great event!

Reactions: thejackle