Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Only thing I would like to see, and dunno if its possible with the current air system, is higher speed fills, really struggled at some points when 5 people needed their bottles filled from 1 tap to do this in the 2 minutes between points. Otherwise great event!
Yes agreed the fills were slower than normal. Also the marque for the food tent was missing, some where to sit and eat

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Only thing I would like to see, and dunno if its possible with the current air system, is higher speed fills, really struggled at some points when 5 people needed their bottles filled from 1 tap to do this in the 2 minutes between points. Otherwise great event!
with the nature of compressed air, higher speed fills wouldnt be a good thing. Especially when mud and foreign particles are present (as they were this weekend) Maybe an alternative solution would be more filling stations.

cheers for the response rich, I realise that the filling in of score sheets and some other situations can slow turn arounds down, and its appreciated that you'll look at it.

Last edited:

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
what i dont agree with cookie about was the respect between teams. My boy had loads of coaching on saturday (in the sunshine) from loads of different teams and able to jump in to loads of games and it really brought his game on (some lads were even giving the kids one on one coaching)
i was there saturday aswell helping with training. i agree saturday was good. the attitude seemed to change sunday though

its great to see that the feedback is mostly positive though

first visit to the cpps and i think what rich has got here is great. and it really steps up to the plate. it reminds of the pa when it was at its strongest and i think it can only go from strength to strength. the idea of training on a saturday aswel is immense

the only feedback that i would say though was i walked through to the players area more then once without a wrist band and the idea of them almost seemed pointless as everyone and their dog could get into the pits. maybe a change in how the staging are was netted and controlled could stop that?

and there is no-one checking bottles which seemed a bit odd

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
I had a blast this weekend. I can't comment on any poor reffing decisions as the games I saw and played in were reffed as fairly as possible. My only complaint is that the Conf start time was delayed by two hours, which meant our long drive back to Scotland was delayed by 2 hours. My issue wasn't really the delay in starting, it was more the lack of communication as to where the delay came from.

Other than that, we had a great time. I think you guys did a fantastic job, especially considering the weather. Roll on round 2 :)

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
Being a Ref for one tournament should be COMPLUSORY for each and every paintball player.
They would than have a much greater respect for what they do and what a thankless job it is.

Refs are paintball players at the end of the day and know what it is like to be on the end of a bad call.
They want to make the right calls, and if they don't get it right all the time, they don't need a load of abuse to remind them of that fact.

I did ref half a tournament last year and putting on a refs jersey made me realise for the first time the responsibility you feel being on the other side of the fence.

When playing now, wether I get a good call or a not so good call, I accept we are all human and **** happens.

Well done to the Refs, without you tournaments would be pointless as only the cheats would win, as after all that is why refs are needed in the first place :cool:

Last edited:

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
The late start was due to the 2 fields running the championship matches runing out of line........were looking into this as they had the same schedules but one finished an hour ahead of the other at the re-seed point and and 40 mins ahead of the finals games.......it will be sorted for round 2.

Mattski

NPF Raiders
Dec 19, 2011
Birmingham
Only other thing i'd say was there was a mass rush to the chrono stations and i know a few people struggled to get a chrono in before the first game.
i know this is partly down to a players preparation and i'm not sure if anyone else suffered, was just something i noticed! :)

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Most of the negative comments here are based on factors outside of any tournament organisers control, and is just utter madness to shoot down the hard work that the crew at CPPS do just because they had a bad day on the field for whatever reason.

Long breaks: People only complain about 4/5 game gaps when they're cold/wet. Soon as summer rolls around, you won't hear a peep out of most.

Reffing: Everyone has a moan at one point or another during the day, that's all part of it. You need to just live with the fact that some calls go in your favour and some do not. It's how you deal with those calls made that shows true character. When you see someone swearing and screaming at an ultimate waving their arms around like they're being attacked by a wasp, I personally just think "tool". If needed, make your point in a calm manner and save that aggression for your next point/game.

On a side note, I would like to thank Twizz and all the refs on Field 2 n the afternoon session. No issues from us as a team and any calls made against us were fair, and for us even fairer.

Rich, if you need some of my guys to help out with any type of maintenance this season on a Saturday, just let me know. People need to remember that due to the wet weather this past couple of months, planned upgrades to the site have had to be put on hold. Personally, both my teams had a great day. Thank you.