Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Also the marquee for the food tent was missing, some where to sit and eat
I think I saw that flying past field 3 around 11:00 am or it may have been one of the half a dozen marquee's flying around in the afternoon :p No complaints from a spectators point of view just the weather but Rich can't control that.

Jimbo81

Jul 21, 2009
Was my first time at the CPPS and even with the mud, the rain, the cold, the occasional bad call, the slightly long wait after the champ prelims i absolutley loved it and cant wait for round 2.

The refs were sound n had a good chat with a few, even helped us out with a few noob mistakes we made so that we didnt make em again. There were some bad calls, we had a one for one because of a tiny bit of shell n paint on a players mask from the previous game, which i could argue the toss with the ref about it obviously not being a hit but instead had a go at my player for not cleaning his mask properly.

Had a chat with a few teams n a few "good luck" n "good games" exchanged which is always nice.
One thing i would say is that the netting on the celtic field wasnt pinned down properly on the car park\snake side n made it a bit dodgy at times as there was a big gap at the bottom when the wind picked up.

Mattski

NPF Raiders
Dec 19, 2011
Birmingham
Chrono issues were caused by 7 out of the 12 working chrono's two weeks ago deciding they would not work in the conditions presented.
That explains that then! (y) As i said this was my first time at CPPS so wasn't sure of the usual setups. Bring on the good weather!

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
I am sorry but I am going to have to disagree,

A) start with the thankless task, the reffing was absolute rubbish, there were variuos wrong calls throughout the the day, they need to get involved and they need to know the rules correctly.

B) The fields are terrible, you expect some tearing up of the fields during the day, you don't expect to be standing in ankle deep water at the start gates for your very first point, if the weather is going to be bad then maybe don't allow the sat training. Yorkie at Bricket has astro and grass, but he checks the weather and the fields before he makes the tough decison to close the fields.

C) The running order needs addressing the wait between games, compared to the travel cost, how long the games last and how many you get is not value for money. Teams have suppossedly signed up for the whole series, the text messages I got yesterday up to 4 teams will not be back next round,
please give examples..........of all cases? when you can do that, im sure rich & mark will take your views on all 3 "issues" you have and work on them

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
unfortunately as good as he is Rich cant control the weather which yesterday can only be described as ****e! and hopefully most people can see that a lot of the small "issues" on the day were as a result of wind and rain and it being muddy as hell.

from my point of view (ultimate on field one) in the morning a lot of the delays at our end (i think we were about an hour behind by lunch) were caused by players diving in the mud then connecting to the fill stations and all the crap in the fill nipples jamming the gun to the filler.....then when they finally got it off there did they clean it out.....no walk away and let their team mate use it! for the sake of one of those little rubber thingies that goes on the nipple! i did what i could to make sure that the schedule was stuck too but id say every 2 min turn around was more like 4 because of people not knowing how to use a fill station. the afternoon we seemed to fly thru and was only behind because we started late.

reffing....now i may sound bias but i would say that on the whole the standard of reffing over last season got progressively better, trust me as a field ultimate you get a far better view of what the refs are doing and who is doing the job well than any player can, yes refs are also human (unfortunately) and the occasional mistake or 'iffy' call will be made. ill even go so far as to admit that i do it as well, can probably think of 2 or 3 calls i made yesterday that thinking back maybe i should have given a one for one but didn't, also one where yeah thinking about it maybe i was wrong but whats done is done.
However i do have a point which is relevant to what EB2000 mentioned in his post about refs knowing rules and yes he is 100% correct the refs should know the rules as should the players BUT this is in part due to the fact that there is no up to date rule book, the current rules have been amended that many times its mind boggling to take in, i had a quick look and the rule book on the millennium website is dated 2006! things could defiantly be made easier for everyone if we had an up to date set of rules which were simple to understand, we have slowly over the last few years started to see the rules we play evolve to remove a lot of the old 'silly' rules such as you cant put your gun down and leave it behind etc but 6 years is a long time and no one has mentioned this before....very strange.
anyway i am starting to ramble....reffing in general would be a lot easier if every event i as a field ultimate were to turn up and ref with the same handful/half dozen guys every time BUT the main reason this will never happen is players attitude towards refs......most refs do it 2 or 3 times at most then say never again and mainly due to someone blowing up at them about a mistake or standing freezing for 6 hours only to have someone call them a (and i quote) "****ing arsehole" "knob head" "prick" "wanker" or threaten them with violence. old players are not turning into Refs anymore and the younger refs will never come back once it happens and unfortunately in general its a case of when not if it will happen.
the only way refs will stay refs long enough to get better at it is if the players let them simple as, the ones that don't quit get better the same as players do. its a respect thing, tournaments need refs and the simple truth is if by the weekend before an event an organizer can't get enough people willing to stand and take the abuse then the event will ultimately get cancelled.

sometimes i wonder why the hell i do it....honestly i don't really know, i have talked myself into quitting a dozen times but when the call comes i end up saying OK.....that is only going to happen for so long.
perhaps if the (minority of) players who don't respect the refs sat back and thought "you know maybe i should go back and say sorry for what i just said" or "yeah maybe he did have a point, from where he was standing he couldn't clearly see both players so that's why he pulled both of us out" etc... then maybe we would have more willing refs who last long enough doing it to get better at doing the job.

/end rant
#istillcantfeelmytoes

jakob

Jan 18, 2010
firstly was a great day had great fun other than been frozen and guns dying left right and centre.
a quick thought for the start gates i know you mentions earlier about astro fields but why not just have a piece of astro turf around the start gates just to get going other than that i didnt see any faults.

Bradley-Lancaster

Mar 18, 2011
I think most of the bad things come from the weather in all fairness.
Yes it was cold... Rich can't do anything about that. Was a couple of things like the air on the end field i was using a Pure energy and it took like 30seconds to fill and only got to 2 bars so had to be care full what i shot on the field as i had only 2mins to get back out there....
There was only one bad call what it look like i got shot but it was just paint off the bunker... This happens, life goes on, it didn't bother me.
And yes it was a pain standing around for two hours waiting for myself and my team to play our first game. Suppose start at 1pm and we played at 3pm. Big wow....

Overall rich i think it was good, just little things that maybe improved for round two.
Overall 8/10 rich, great day. Cant wait for round two!!!!!

Gavin - 44pix

44pix Paintball Photography
Jun 16, 2008
www.facebook.com
Given the **** whether, I thought the fields held up pretty well. Yes it was muddy, it would be! However, it didnt stop paintballers from doing what they do best... shooting fools in the face! lol
A big up to the refs!!!! Especially having to ref in the cold and wet!

I had a great time (another one) down there on Sunday!

Reactions: Sanchez