Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
First event problems happen and with the weather being the way it was this doubles the problems a 100 times over.

We should be proud that we have a series in the Uk who actually cares and wants to improve with all the ****e it is thrown at them from people who open an account on baller just cause they don't have the balls to do it with there normal names?

Great event gay conditions.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
were caused by players diving in the mud then connecting to the fill stations and all the crap in the fill nipples jamming the gun to the filler.....then when they finally got it off there did they clean it out.....no walk away and let their team mate use it! for the sake of one of those little rubber thingies that goes on the nipple! i did what i could to make sure that the schedule was stuck too but id say every 2 min turn around was more like 4 because of people not knowing how to use a fill station. s
Would that be reason to stop the field though ? as there were still three other up and running stations.The players that fail at putting a cover on the bottle would be the only ones affected. im sure its not the fault of the other team that is standing ready at the other end of the field ready. Nor the rest of the group.​
And not said in a put down way im just asking :) see smiley face just to be sure :)

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Hmmmm Donner Kebab baps were Amazing!

As for the event, **** weather yes, can't be helped. Reffing, we had one suspect call, other than that it was good. I've reffed for Rich and I've been abused from both field and from spectators,so I have respect for them. They can't see everything and shouldn't we self check anyway. If people would'nt bend or make up their own rules on what was a hit, reffing would be easier.

Schedule was a bit iffy, we had one game about 9:30, then nothing till 11:30, then our final 3 games came along with a one game break I between, things got a bit hectic.

We were on the GI field, tear up was bad in places and there was water in the starting gate. It was raining all morning what do you expect.

Bring on round 2!

intimidatorade

www.henniker.eu
Mar 8, 2005
Bristol
www.facebook.com
EB 2008 i can only assume that you havent been a paintballer for a very long time. We live in england pal if you cant play in the rain try Florida or something because the sun doesnt like paintball the paint reacts funny with the sun rays and it hides behind clouds.

I think the only issues were all player created i seen alot of fill nipples go due to the mud but these things are going to happen when diving etc.

Reffing on the GI field was great like to thank twizz and tigers for that lads done a great job.

Was a shame about the delays think we played our first game at say three instead of it being at one but small issues can cause big problems when you have to get so much done in one day.

Think the Ducks playing was awesome even though i cant believe they all sat in the van while we pushed them out the field which i thought was funny but it would be good to have other decent teams play when possible

Very good all round Saturday and Sunday and were looking forward to the next event cheers Rich/Mark and gang

Ade
Bristol Effect

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Would that be reason to stop the field though ? as there were still three other up and running stations.The players that fail at putting a cover on the bottle would be the only ones affected. im sure its not the fault of the other team that is standing ready at the other end of the field ready. Nor the rest of the group.​
And not said in a put down way im just asking :) see smiley face just to be sure :)
i know what you mean lump but unfortunately once the crap goes from the nipple into the snap connector on the fill station it jams up the little ball bearings in there and eather you cant connect to it or they jam on the next nipple you put on there......that or the mud gets round the oring in the bottom of the connector and pushes it out.

only time we stopped because of it on field 1 was when all 3 stations were down....we did have to make allowances for time when we were down to one working for a while

Last edited:

EB2008

Mar 5, 2012
Well good evening ladies and gentlemen

I have logged back on tonight and expected to have some ranting responses and glad I was not disappointed

So point A was about the reffing being poor, I expect the odd call when the play is tight and the trade outs etc, what I dont expect is
a) player looking directly at a ref screaming for a check for a good 20 secs( count 20 secs in a game next time you play) only to give up start shooting and instantly the ref runs over and 141 him. This ref made no hand gestures, he did not move NOTHING.
b) a player getting hit on the break and doing a run along the snake eliminating 2 players and then just getting pulled when ref caught up with him.
c) Not sure of the full incident but one of the earlier games on field 1 resulting in the point to be replayed as it was incorrectly called a point to one team when it was a null point. But true to his word I believe Rich said one of the teams were going to be playing without a player due to the way they aggressively complained about the point.

Have I done it, yes I have, would I do it again, well I offered but could only do half day. Perhaps have the right refs on the right field e.g having disruption, firm, tiger players ref the higher level players, they know what they are looking for they know the tricks they perhaps more important know the speed of the game

Point B was the fields, like I said I expect to have the field cut and I expect to get muddy, you cant love this game if you dont like mud in this country, but you cannot be standing in ankle deep water on your first point. If the ground work like Rich has said was not done then decisons to try protect them have to be made. No sat training, even I admit that woudl be a big call with the like of the ducks etc coming over but there is ample land to possibly create other fields on other parts even if they are only temp set ups.

Point C was the running order, other people have already posted up here that they had a 2 hour gap between points, what do people consider a far wait 30 mins, 45mins an hour? My maths make it around 40 min. (2 min games with 2 mins between turnaround) give you time to get paint, have a clean and discuss good bad from last play

Am I wrong for saying this, you decide, people have posted up saying it was muddy, people have posted up saying there were long delays, people have posted saying that they had bad calls.

Did I post this because I played bad, not a chance, we won some, we lost some but we play for fun

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Your points have merit no denying that. Refs were spread out and in the past have performed at a level worthy of the fields they were on. Only ones that were new to us we're experienced players and refs from Tigers. I dare say some bad calls were made, people intent On cheating will occasionally get away with murder which sucks but the guys don't make mistakes deliberately.

The fields, on Saturday they were acceptable. Problem we have is with fields thy have alot of foot traffic is compaction. The water cannot go anywhere which doesn't really show up until a large volume of water descends in a short space of time.

The schedule is being looked into....all I an do is apologise if the games don't flow as we plan.

The issue I have with your post is the new account created to launch what seems like a **** slinging attack. As a paying customer your entitled to your view and I will gladly talk, listen and debate in a civil manor.

Either way we will endeavour to make improvements as that's how we roll......if you choose to play out event or not in the future is down to you buddy. I only hope where you choose to play does a better job than I do :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
[quote="EB2008, post: 1292402, member: 27711"

So point A was about the reffing being poor, I expect the odd call when the play is tight and the trade outs etc, what I dont expect is
a) player looking directly at a ref screaming for a check for a good 20 secs( count 20 secs in a game next time you play) only to give up start shooting and instantly the ref runs over and 141 him. This ref made no hand gestures, he did not move NOTHING.

perhaps the ref hadn't heard/ seen him waving? perhaps he was looking elsewhere? if he was shooting and the ref sees a hit on him then he is perfectly right to give a 141. sounds like part human error ie the ref getting tunnel vision looking elsewhere and part the player deciding to break a rule and getting caught

b) a player getting hit on the break and doing a run along the snake eliminating 2 players and then just getting pulled when ref caught up with him.

again i didn't see this one but refs cant run any faster than players! this is the players fault for playing on, if the ref was sure he saw the hits first the the players hit shouldn't be removed from the game, if however another ref as removed them from the game they cannot be put back in, nor can they be put back in if they put their hand on their head, they are eliminated.
ideally the 2 players wouldn't be removed from the game. the player should be get a one for one but the reality is the ref cant enforce anything till he catches up with the player and if in the mean time someone else has removed players or they have eliminated themselves then i am afraid that is final.....again human error, but not on the part of the ref chasing the player....that part is 100% the player breaking rules. one ref can only occupy one space at time.

c) Not sure of the full incident but one of the earlier games on field 1 resulting in the point to be replayed as it was incorrectly called a point to one team when it was a null point. But true to his word I believe Rich said one of the teams were going to be playing without a player due to the way they aggressively complained about the point.

this was actually 2 incidents in one.....first up there was an incident on the field which lead to some mud slinging and name calling and was all sorted out with the player involved being told he would take no further part in the match and was possibly caused by a miss communication from another ref.after everything calmed down and some hand shaking everyone was happy enough to continue.
the point was never replayed in the end but it was planned to be, the reason it was awarded to the wrong team was down to both myself and Mark being a bit rusty on the specific ruling regarding a player reaching the buzzer with a hit on him and it being the first event of the season and first thing in the morning.....i wasn't sure so i radioed for clarification and was told award the point to the other team and thus end the match.......what should have happened was replay the point and the team who pressed the buzzer starting with 4 players. it was agreed after Mark apologized to both teams that the point would be removed and the point be replayed and the match finished off.

Have I done it, yes I have, would I do it again, well I offered but could only do half day. Perhaps have the right refs on the right field e.g having disruption, firm, tiger players ref the higher level players, they know what they are looking for they know the tricks they perhaps more important know the speed of the game

unfortunately if you are lucky enough to have some of the more experienced players reffing then putting them on the same field their team is playing can some times open a can of worms so most organisers will avoid doing so....would you like to play a team knowing that 3 pr 4 of the refs also play for that team.....no.

[/quote]

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Not training on saturday would have made zero difference in my opinion, the ground was fine on saturday and was not damaged by the end of the day.

Reactions: Lemon