Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 1 Feedback thread

Mr_Welly

Freelance shoota....
Mar 8, 2008
birmingham
www.gb-paintball.co.uk
jesus christ rich! why is it so hard for you to control the weather! sort it out son, next cpps event is at HB!!!!!!!!!!!!
i reffed all day on sunday, the conditions were very hard for us, for me was mainly down to vision being impared! i was finding myself having to clean my lense in between every point, maybe just me but this could contribute towards slighly slow reaction times from some reffs, including not really being able to run properly!
but given the conditions i think that we all did very well, players, reffs and staff.

there must be some reason why the best uk teams train and compete here! disruption, firm, tigers, nexus, shock, and even had overseas teams like the ducks, hk army, london laysick.
now you dont see the likes of these players complaining about the conditions as these are all seasoned players and know what to expect and just get on with it!
in all my years of balling people just nit pick, its an outdoor sport, what do you expect?

all i can say is bitches bitch, ballers ball.

Reactions: Lemon

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Thanks for a great first round of the year. Really enjoyed the whole event. Fantastic competion, great to play against such well known teams as the Copenhagen Ducks and Manchester firm. Schedule in my opinion ended up being really good as we remained on the same feild throughout which does make it easier than carting gear from feild to feild and having to find a table each time. Not having to move about made up for the slightly late start in the afternoon.

Reffing in my opinion was consistant, and fair, didnt see any bad calls and the feild ran quickly and efficiently. Thanks as well to Rich for manning the buzzer and stopwatches on our feild.

This was the 3rd CPPS event i have attended and 4th event at the site including the fed cup and i think the events, scheduling reffing and overall organisation has improved everytime. The CPPS is already a top event and seems to be only getting better. The weather cant be controlled and i thought the site held up well considering. Apart from a couple of staging tents that decided they wanted to play.

Overall big thanks Rich and team, cant wait for the next event.

Cheers Craig P - Team Kinetic

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
In my opinion I think the refs should have been harsher than they were being.
For the amount of playing on which took place, I saw very few 1-4-1's and that includes myself, I know in a few points I could well have been penaltied.

Nobody like's the iron fist being dropped all the time by the refs, but the consistency will help them out, and in the end help out the players as they will realise they can't run about with hits on them and get away with it. Any of those playing like that at a Millennium will be having a very rubbish time! No doubt they'll come on here as one post wonders bitching about the reffing being rubbish.

At the end of last year, you made it clear that the reffing would be strict, get it back to how it was back then and you'll shut up most of the moaners who were probably cheating anyway!

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Was a cracking day for Volatile, our young new players enjoyed thoroughly.

Highlight of the day , Mike D = faceplant in teabags :ROFLMAO:

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
My only complaint is this.........and please take note!!!!!!!!!! .......................My marker didn't work all day long.......DOH, event went well though in my opinion, no issues with refs or timing, thanks rich and gang.

Jay Ford

Feb 3, 2011
I would liked to have played Disruption The firm and Duck or whoever topped the other groups but the scheduling issue has already been mentioned and if there was a late drop out then this was unavoidable without playing 6 matches and it was already 6pm when we left.

Training Saturday was productive and as mentioned before this had no effect on the field as it was dry the day before.

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
Would like to say to the teams that played field 3 in the morning and the pro teams in the afternoon, it was a pleasure to ref once again. Great manners and big respect was given even in those terrible conditions to us refs. The games were played in good spirits and im happy that the teams saw we performed to our usual high standards on the pro field once again.

Give your selves a pat on the back. Respect!

Robbo22

Jul 10, 2006
Preston, Lancashire
Rich and Staff, from myself and the rest of the Convicts thanks for the best days paintballin i've had in a long time!

It was our first tournament and we were more than impressed with how the whole day ran, the staging area was impressive, everyone had room to shelter from where we were setting up. Didn't have any problems with anything really, I think the fact you came over yourself and gave us prior notice that our field was running abit behind schedule was quality customer service, you could have just left us to wait wondering when we'd be on but we knew exactly when to expect to start playing, we wern't bothered about waiting a few more minutes to play, end of the day we got to play. So thanks, it's good to see a site owner that actually cares about the customers rather than the money.

I don't understand the moaning about muddy fields, you can't be expected to prevent the rain and ban mud from the site... I don't know how some of the other fields where but I thought ours (millenium) was fine, the front of me was covered in mud after the first point, and that's how i seem to look after every days paintball, the fields were great for sliding, and your going to get mud building up anywhere when it's wet, I can't see that as an issue, adds to the fun. If your playing paintball and not expecting to get dirty, you might need to rethink that one, however I've just come from out of the woods where we use mud for cover and cologne ;)

I think the reffing was fantastic aswell, our head ref kept our field running fantastic all afternoon, i think we had some young refs and they we're great, they got stuck in and made the calls, they we're a big help. On our last point I shot the other teams last fella out without realising, i didn't know i'd hit him and he didn't know i'd got him i think, i continued putting paint down shouting his position out and a ref told me i'd got him so i stopped shooting, the ref next to him didn't see the shot so as i went to move he popped up and we traded out, no issue over it, nobody's perfect, my little bit of constructive criticism is just for the refs to make sure they keep communicating. I hope the refs keep up the good work, they we're great in ensuring we understood all the rules and procedures seeing as we've never played tournament before.

Keep up the good work fella's and will see you at round 2, if you can arrange for us to win again it'll be perfect :D

Robbo

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
All in all I think it was a pretty solid start to the season, in what was crappy weather at best, as a few have already said the walk ways would benift from a bit of tlc but as for the feilds I think they held up well, as it started raining about middnight and never stopped !! Then again we are in England and its the bigging of March, was anyone really suprised we ended up ankle deep in mud ??
We played race to 4 on the first feild which is also used for training and apart from the start gate it wasnt that bad, infact it gave the snake players a better chance of getting in to snake from the break since we were sliding about 20 ft lol
As for the reffs, they seemed pretty strict on the Eclipse feild, thinink it was, the 3rd feild in (white) they pulled a few one for ones that I saw and that was just in the first half before the reseeding so I think for at least that feild they were spot on and exactly what Rich said they would be, Strict but fair !
We did have a prob with air being slow and only filling to 2k on race to 4 which did cause some issues but thats the first time ive had a prob with air in nearly 3 years of playing cpps so I think the pitch fork can stay in the shed for now.
I think the reffs,site and staff all coped pretty well with a site at capacity and Sh** weather to boot !

Thanks to all the teams we played and of course RIch and his crew !
ROLL ON RD 2 CPPS ALL THE WAY !