Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2012 Round 2 Feedback Thread

Garethdodson

May 31, 2011
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE
Had a great day yesterday guys... 1st year in tournament paintball and getting better each time we play :)

Thought the reffs were great yesterday... Millenium & Celtic fields in afternoon...

Big thanks to rich and the team for another great day of balling... And the weather of course ;)

Roll on round 3 with some sun hopefully

Thanks from team vengeance (championship)

Reactions: meadowcroft

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
Had a brilliant day, without putting the whole site under a tent I couldn't have asked for better. My particular thanks to the Disruption guys running the Celtic field who managed to balance being firm, fair, professional and friendly to make for a much more enjoyable experience for all concerned.

Massive massive props to the site crew as well. Putting the site up is one thing but when there's maybe 4 of you left to take everything down again at the end (and in those conditions) you should be looking at medals. I know when I got home I sat listening to the rain on the window and (having been outside all weekend) felt so happy that I didn't have to be out in it anymore until I remembered that Nick, Nick, Dave n' James still were.

Actually, now I think about it. I do have one gripe. Can everyone please stop being so friendly... It makes it really hard to want to shoot any of you. In particular Lethal Formula who, once I had run out of air and decided, in the interests of my team to run the tape in the attempt cause as much confusion as I could did what anyone would expect of them and lit me up. After I picked myself up off the floor I'm certain that I had more people come and apologise to me for the hits I'd taken than could possibly have been shooting at me at the time. That being said thanks also to Dog Soldiers, Chimera, Spank and the Care Bears for some really hard fought but thoroughly enjoyable games.

As always thanks to Mr. Harris and BoP and roll on Round 3.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I'm a little confused by reports that multiple eliminations were called for breaking early, or breaking without touching the start gate at the game-on call.

It should only be the player(s) involved who is eliminated (unless they have materially affected the game in doing so), not invoking a 1-for-1 or other call.

Under the MS rule changes for this season players can indeed touch back in if they have accidentally broken out early.

False Starts:
For 2012 any players false starting by removing the barrel of the gun from the start gate before the start signal is given, will NOT be automatically pulled from the point, as long as they immediately return it to the gate (touch back).

Even if the signal goes before they have returned it, they may still return the barrel to the gate (touch back) and then can continue. If they fail to return the barrel to the gate (touch back) either before or after the start signal is given, they will be eliminated.

If, however, a player posts their marker or fires it before the start signal regardless as to whether they later touch back, they will be eliminated in the normal manner.
Source: http://www.epbf.info/rules

As the CPPS is an EPBF affiliated event it should be a fair assumption it adheres to MS/EPBF rules!

meadowcroft

Lethal Formula
Jul 2, 2010
Stockport
Had a brilliant day, without putting the whole site under a tent I couldn't have asked for better. My particular thanks to the Disruption guys running the Celtic field who managed to balance being firm, fair, professional and friendly to make for a much more enjoyable experience for all concerned.

Massive massive props to the site crew as well. Putting the site up is one thing but when there's maybe 4 of you left to take everything down again at the end (and in those conditions) you should be looking at medals. I know when I got home I sat listening to the rain on the window and (having been outside all weekend) felt so happy that I didn't have to be out in it anymore until I remembered that Nick, Nick, Dave n' James still were.

Actually, now I think about it. I do have one gripe. Can everyone please stop being so friendly... It makes it really hard to want to shoot any of you. In particular Lethal Formula who, once I had run out of air and decided, in the interests of my team to run the tape in the attempt cause as much confusion as I could did what anyone would expect of them and lit me up. After I picked myself up off the floor I'm certain that I had more people come and apologise to me for the hits I'd taken than could possibly have been shooting at me at the time. That being said thanks also to Dog Soldiers, Chimera, Spank and the Care Bears for some really hard fought but thoroughly enjoyable games.

As one of those guys shooting you. Your Welcome. haha

odins-sidekick

SPARTANS!!
May 15, 2011
manchester

my pleasure mate, hope your bruises arent too bad. :)

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
"If, however, a player posts their marker or fires it before the start signal regardless as to whether they later touch back, they will be eliminated in the normal manner."

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
That is correct Dave, and that`s the problem . when one comes out shooting from the gate on the whistle .. Pronto , only a slow backer that can`t shoot quick enough or a running forward would have time to go back to touch the gate on a false start. .. bluey

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
So its just an elimination of the player/s who didnt touch the startgate for when the game on buzzer sounds then , not a 141 ?

An incident happened ready for game on, where the field we were facing on the startgate, there buzzer went off, literally 2 seconds before the buzzer on our field went off.
A few of our players broke out, then realising it wasnt game on when our field was actually game on, stepped back to the startgate a few paces, and then carried on running and playing.
We got 2 x 141's for that point ? a desperate point to stay in the game aginst the firm !

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
So its just an elimination of the player/s who didnt touch the startgate for when the game on buzzer sounds then , not a 141 ?

An incident happened ready for game on, where the field we were facing on the startgate, there buzzer went off, literally 2 seconds before the buzzer on our field went off.
A few of our players broke out, then realising it wasnt game on when our field was actually game on, stepped back to the startgate a few paces, and then carried on running and playing.
We got 2 x 141's for that point ? a desperate point to stay in the game aginst the firm !
If a player leaves the start gate early, and proceeds to shoot, it is a dead player shooting, which defines playing on. which of course is a 141. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it, especially as its probably not going to effect the game, as the other teams probably still at their start gate. The only way around it as an organiser is to have different sounding buzzers, because as much as you plan for one field to run a minute in front of the other or what ever, fields run fast, fields run slow and eventually its going to happen. The solution I found was to watch the refs arms... simple but effective.