Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2013 Round 1 reviews

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
A massive thank you from the whole of defiance 2 it was by far one of the best events I have played in years and not just because we won, the venue was amzing but I will make a few suggestions

I thought the reffing was a bit to lenient maybe just because iv been playing mills
The air needs to be 4.5k I know there are reasons why it was 3k but a lot of teams there play mills and therefore it needs to matched as closely as possible
And lastly the secudual I know this was prirtty much just us but are first game wasnt till just before 12 and then we plate prirtty much back to back to back games, also in future don't change the the time between points either roll it as a min or. 30 secs I don't mind which but dont change it half way through the event as its not fair on the teams

I know my post seems negative and I don't want it as the event was amzing and ains was really approachable about the issues we did have and same goes for the refs

Many thanks for a great event

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Div 1 Empire field, All very close games, the friendly banter between teams (y) +1.
Reffs = Absolutely spot on 10/10. Thanks :)
Bins 10/10
Trade stands 10/10
Staging area 10/10 Atmosphere was awsome.
I thought the catering was ok,
Fields 10/10
Field posts and the welding 100/10 :cool:;)
Weather 10/10
Ainsley/Dylan and crew = Great job !

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Have to agree that the quality of the event was second to none! I was particularly impressed to see that the reffing became more sensible but still just as efficient compared to the previous day. The facilities were incredible and contrary to posts here, I heard nothing but perfect reviews from my team about the food and relevant prices.
Can't say enough good things about the quality of the fields, It's the first time in YEARS that I've been able to pack my stuff up and travel back to Scotland without taking half of that terrible English soil with me ;)
Only grievance was that personally for my team our games were VERY spaced out, with 2 hour waits in between games at times. I know we're a minority coming from Scotland but when you've got a 4/5 hour drive ahead of you it can get frustrating waiting so long to finish up. However I know the huge payoff to this is the true 'cup feel' where the day's climax is watching the final pro games finish up and everybody being involved right to the end. It's just a shame that we had to leave when we did (even resulted in a player not being able to get on the podium for his 3rd place finish).

All round this is one event I know I'll remember for a long time, even if it didn't contain some of the most spectacular games I've personally played :p

Reactions: Akki

Havard407

Greatest Member
Jul 28, 2011
Wigan
I have to say I had a really good event. As a late stand in ref on Field 3 (div2/3), I thought the players took to the increased reffing structure very well. If they had a query about a call, they waited until the end so I could explain why it had been made. I thought all of the players on our field behaved very well and made the whole experience a pleasure.

The biggest smile was brought to my face when we finally finished our games and came off the field to see the mound crammed with spectators watching the Elite Div final. I'm sure Ainsley and Dylan have further plans to improve this as a viewing area, and it makes it easier when working on it to know people will appreciate it.

Ainsley and Dylan, you guys have a vision of how you want the site to be and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.

Bring on round 2!
Can I personally thanks the Snake ref on your field (div 2/3), he put up with a lot of stick by players going out of bounds but that's what he is supposed to do!

Took it well and laughed!

UK Elite loved it, my only problem was the long waits between games but in retrospect it all worked to our advantage because we were quite warm for our 3rd & 4th place match :)

More to come!

Reactions: Akki and StubbsPKS

BillyWebb

Mar 26, 2013
The best event the UK has seen in a long time. Anyone know who took pictures and where to find them? Cheers

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
After talking to my guys, not a single Din Eidyn player had any major complaints about the way things were run this weekend. Had a few teething grumbles about the increased strictness of reffing, but I think stepping it up and trying to match the standard of mills reffing is definitely the way forward.

The best improvement has got to be the staging area. I STILL have mud on my bag from the 7 man last season that won't come off, but the new ground for the staging area will certainly go a long way to helping avoid that in the future :)

This is the first time I've played an event here in the UK and thought to myself that it was of a higher quality than the events I've played in the US. A big well done to the entire team involved in preparing and running this event, CPPS truly is the best run tournament series in the UK (y)

Can't WAIT for the next one!

WooDzYo

Blitzed Media
Dec 26, 2005
Cambridge
www.facebook.com
Best event we have ever been to and we are all buzzing for the next one!

So well organised and were even impressed with team schedules and own tables for teams .... we are used to using a car boot that`s a fair distance from the field lol

odins-sidekick

SPARTANS!!
May 15, 2011
manchester
From all of lethal formula, we just want to say what an amazing event it was, great games all day and great banter with the refs, teams and anybody we bumped into,
for me the final game against Chimera in the div3 final was one of the most exciting,gut wrenching,emotional games ive played, thought we had them, but well just have to get you in round 2.
thanks again guys.
see you at round 2.

Punter337

Domination
Nov 5, 2010
Norfolk
Absolutely amazing event, British paintball is back on the scene. Have to agree with a lot of people above the mound was brilliant idea you can see the whole field from up there..
Can't think of any other event that has got anything on this "UK Masters who?".
Keep up the good work guys and more teams will come, dare I say even teams from abroad?

Only constructive criticism I have is that it was a hell of a long day! on field 3 we had div 3 & div 2 being played whilst the round robin style made it quicker I feel each div needs it's own field? or possibly have a morning and afternoon session like last year? we had 3 sets (of 4 teams) between each of our matches our first game wasn't until 11:30.

However if that's all the negatives I've got you boys have done an amazing job we now have an event we can be proud to be a part of roll on round 2 looking forward to it already!