CPPS 2013 - we need your input!

Race to 3 instead of Race 2 Prem A?

• Total voters

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Hi all,

We'd like to ask you guys for some input regarding next season please!

We're currently debating turning the Race 2 prem A into a Race to 3 format and want to know how teams playing that division currently feel about this? If you don't like it, we'll leave it as is. Obviously we're not going to get a clear cut yes or no, but democracy rules!

Race 3 will be potentially 5 games (compared to race 2 which will be 6 games regardless). There will also be an extra game for any teams that made the top 4 spots (in all divisions except Conference), and those teams will play for either 1st/2nd or 3rd/4th. Each leg will be an event in itself next season with trophies/prizes, hence the extra "finals" games.

Early next week we will then release full information about next season and share our plans for the site which are starting shortly! #mudfreestaging ;)

Anyway, please vote and post any comments regarding the Race to 3 "dilemma"!

Thanks for looking

Ainsley

Reactions: Misty and rocknroll

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
As someone who's not going to be playing this Div I get that my opinion doesn't really matter here but was there not an issue with timing between the divisions that would be compounded by lots more games?
That said, I'm assuming with you guys being clever types you'll have figured this out prior to asking about it.

Reactions: Misty

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
the race to 2 is a fun easy format that lets you play more teams but personally i prefer the longer formats because it lets you adjust your game to the team you are playing so if you go down a point its still all to play for.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I don't like hybrid formats at events.

You should keep to the standardised Race to 2 / 4 formats used at other events across Europe.

If you don't enjoy Race to 2 then step up to Race to 4.

Only change to fall in line with current standard formats where required.

Reactions: Ainsley

Matt - Team Chimera

Chimera #7 - Execs #77
Oct 5, 2009
Hednesford
www.facebook.com
Just my 2 cents.....

Race to 3 may not be financially viable for some Premier A teams/teams looking to play who enjoy the race to 2 format.

5 games race to three could turn into 15 points. This may see some Premier A teams have to drop down into Premier B race to 2 just because of potential paint costs.

We are just taking the step up to RT2 and paint costs was something we did have to consider before doing this.

hipjaw

pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk // Reading Entity // #22
Apr 8, 2011
Bristol
pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk
Just my 2 cents.....

Race to 3 may not be financially viable for some Premier A teams/teams looking to play who enjoy the race to 2 format.

5 games race to three could turn into 15 points. This may see some Premier A teams have to drop down into Premier B race to 2 just because of potential paint costs.
5 Games of race-3 is a min of 15 points but potentially 25 points (5 x 3-2 games) but rarely will as opposed to the min/max of 12-18 points in a race-2 format which makes it a lot more unpredictable. Although you are going to use more paint in Race-3 you should be going into it with 6-7 players to split the bill anyway. I've paid more for a days ball playing in a race-2 team with 5-6 as I have in a race-4 with 7-8 players in the past.

It all depends on what the people want because although I don't think there's any need to make it into a Race-3 in terms of a stepping stone for the Race-4 as race-2 does a good enough job already - I also think that with the divisions the size they were towards the end of last season, a race-3 format would be better for telling teams apart and preventing ties such as the MH3/Snatch/Firm Academy teams all being tied for 1st at round 3.

I suppose the top-4 play-offs will counter that happening again but at the end of the day it's going to be down to what people prefer - I voted for race3 simply as it's more fun than race2.

Last edited:

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
As long as the fee's don't change I'm happy for the format to go to Race to 3. However, will that in turn shift the race to 4 to 5? I think the gap (only 2 points I know) looks more appealing to the more inexperienced teams in the league.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well the reality is that you don't necessarily need to play the same number of teams if it goes to race to 3. up to ainsley and co to decide how many games per round teams will play before finals but as was mentioned above, longer formats generally require more players. any team could tackle race to 4 with 5 players if they wanted to but the cost would be significantly more. i see nothing but good things coming from a race to 3 format :)