Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2013 - we need your input!

Race to 3 instead of Race 2 Prem A?

• Total voters

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
jono whistles have the same problem starting fields,it`s not hard too have a different sound for each field:)
I would disagree.

Firstly, remember that most players don't read the rules.

Secondly, you are expecting them to remember to associate the sound of one animal as the "game on" sound for a particular field. That's a lot for them to remember, based on past experience. So you will end up with false starts again.

Plus, where do you get all these animal sounds from? An MP3 player? What are you going to use to amplify the sound so that all the players on that field can hear? What happens when all this stuff gets damaged, broken, lost or trodden underfoot? How much will this all cost?

Simple solution is use a whistle. Cheap and easy to replace.

You may also wish to use the "simultaneous start" option, but this can cause issues as some fields start to run ahead, and some start to run behind.

it8nthot

Dec 4, 2002
Just this side of sanity
I would disagree.

Secondly, you are expecting them to remember to associate the sound of one animal as the "game on" sound for a particular field. That's a lot for them to remember, based on past experience. So you will end up with false starts again.

Plus, where do you get all these animal sounds from? An MP3 player? What are you going to use to amplify the sound so that all the players on that field can hear? What happens when all this stuff gets damaged, broken, lost or trodden underfoot? How much will this all cost?

You may also wish to use the "simultaneous start" option, but this can cause issues as some fields start to run ahead, and some start to run behind.

You don't seem to have grasped the comedy side of it which I thought I had injected:)
I just had a vision of farmyard and zoo sounds going on all at once perhaps an old recording of 'Old Macdonald' ei ei oh:)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
No, I got it.

I have one of those "cow moo" things I got from Blackpool. I'll donate it to Ainsley to get the ball rolling.

I also have a moaning wife that I'd be happy to donate. Not a unique sound, I know.

Gavin - 44pix

44pix Paintball Photography
Jun 16, 2008
www.facebook.com
I would disagree.

Why is this such as problem?.. Listen to the 10 second count down... count down in you head... job fooking done!
If your decent you could look at the ref nearest to the buzzer and wait for him to drop his hands as the buzzer sound

... NEXT!

Reactions: Thorpe

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I would disagree.

I think you forget that tournament promoters have unlimited budgets and require little in the way of income from entry fees :whistle:

Reactions: StubbsPKS

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Not sure of costs or practicality but start lights similar to f1. Light up for 10 second warning then off for the start. Place a board behind them so not seen by adjacent field. Obvious issue of weather proofing but I am sure that can be resolved as they manage to get buzzers to work. Only other issue is physical placement so the players can see them from the start gates whilst looking forward.