The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS 2013 - we need your input!

Race to 3 instead of Race 2 Prem A?

• Total voters

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
just out of interest, what happened to the elite top division from 2011? that was decent
Think you'll find that the "Elite" division will be back to it' former glory next season ;)

With regards to reffing, that's another area we're working on currently......we want true refs reffing, players playing and pipers piping! I'll take you up on that offer though buddy, shoot me a message on Facebook and we'll have a chat :)

jack-amo

Oct 9, 2010
Sandbach
Hey Ainsley, any chance of changes to the conference division? Perhaps a Race 2? Pretty please? Playing a maximum of about 10 game a day (short ones at that) isn't enought 'balling :)
Seconded (although its usually only 7-8 points). Played Race-2 at Student Cup this year and it was awesome. Not a huge strain in the pits and you get more play time :D

I'd rather play 4 teams on a day getting to play somewhere between 8-12 points than play 7-8 teams for just the one point per game.

Wondering how others in conference would feel about that?

Last edited:
Reactions: StubbsPKS

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
5 man will stay as 5 man I'm afraid guys.......a lot of people still enjoy the format and it is obviously slightly cheaper to play. I'll try to maximise the games in 5 man however and make it 10 or maybe 1/2 more if I can.

What I would say however is step up to Prem B and see how you feel about it! Running Race 2 with a player or two more keeps the cost about the same anyway, and I think you'd really enjoy it :)

Reactions: it8nthot

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Personally I think the 5man is a good value for money format. The games should play a bit slower anyway since every body and every game counts. So this should translate in to more trigger time?

Reactions: it8nthot

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
as a side note for 5man i would have larger bunkers and maybe a bigger field which would give you more trigger time,but would this effect the schedule.
but would definately be better for newer teams and older players that are just playing for fun

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Seconded (although its usually only 7-8 points). Played Race-2 at Student Cup this year and it was awesome. Not a huge strain in the pits and you get more play time :D

I'd rather play 4 teams on a day getting to play somewhere between 8-12 points than play 7-8 teams for just the one point per game.

Wondering how others in conference would feel about that?
5 man will stay as 5 man I'm afraid guys.......a lot of people still enjoy the format and it is obviously slightly cheaper to play. I'll try to maximise the games in 5 man however and make it 10 or maybe 1/2 more if I can.

What I would say however is step up to Prem B and see how you feel about it! Running Race 2 with a player or two more keeps the cost about the same anyway, and I think you'd really enjoy it :)
can understand that you'd want to keep the conference division, as you said at the 7man, but I do also agree with what the guys above have said. I know from speaking to a few of the other teams/players, that they felt the jump between conference to race2 was quite a big one (I've only played conf last year so this is just what I've gathered from chatting to people!). Committing to play prem B then getting destroyed on every point, isn't overly desirable... Would there be any possibility of an intermediate race2 division such as champs this year? I'm under the impression champs was just standard 5man last year? Correct me if I'm wrong

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
That's a good point frobinson, although I've had a bit of an idea - see what you think of this. How about continue as is until you get to the people playing for podium finishes, then change it up to a race2 format? Would be an interesting balance between paint conservation at the start of the day or playing defensive and waiting for other people to make mistakes, then going aggressive for the final games.

Just an idea.

But I can also see why it will stay as-is. Interested to see how more games will be incorporated! Also need to decide for myself what I am going to do.... Shall I film more or play?

Reactions: frobinson

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
That's a good point frobinson, although I've had a bit of an idea - see what you think of this. How about continue as is until you get to the people playing for podium finishes, then change it up to a race2 format? Would be an interesting balance between paint conservation at the start of the day or playing defensive and waiting for other people to make mistakes, then going aggressive for the final games.

Just an idea.

But I can also see why it will stay as-is. Interested to see how more games will be incorporated! Also need to decide for myself what I am going to do.... Shall I film more or play?
I think I'd still rather just play against 4 teams or so, but play race-2. I just know that I'm worried we'll get absolutely destroyed if we play prem B!

and after that masterpiece of a 7man video, I think you already know the answer to that one ;)

Reactions: emisnug

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
Interesting idea, it's what they do in the Mills in Div 3, Race-to-2 for all prelim and knockout games, then Race-to-4 for finals games. The problem I see at this level is format differences like coaching, and the 2 minute turnaround between points. I saw teams in Race-to-2 this year in the 2nd or 3rd event struggling to get five players ready to go back out in under 2 minutes. Its definitely something you have to be prepared for and might be a bit of a shock to teams used to 5-man. As much as giving Race-to-2 a shot might help you prepare to step-up, it might also ruin your day if you lose your final match because you only put 3 guys out for a point.