Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS Event 1 2014 - Dye Championship, 22/23 March

blakey64

Jun 2, 2012
Over a 100 teams playing in seven divisions over two days, Ainsley, Dylan and the CPPS minions take a bow.

The improvements you are making, and those you are planning make you a credit to the UK paintball scene.

Thanks to all the teams we played yesterday in Div 4

Was good to see lots of tech stands, and a strong trade presence.

But, can you please look at the staging area for the teams in Div 4, it was very very cramped in there, perhaps moving the Marshall pod as a temporary measure...

Big thanks to the Marshalls on our field, a few inexperienced calls, but everyone has to start somewhere, they were very polite and courteous and there were enough of them.

Thanks to our 2014 supporters Just Paintball, Celtic and Phoenix Paintball, thanks also to Simon Cole for the Pure Gold, shot and marked well.

Whilst a little disappointed with our showing, team Sad are back, 3 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses, give us a starting point for this season.

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Ains and all his crew at cpps, the site just keeps getting better even with the huge number now attending, it really is an awesome event !!
Well done to all the Div 5 teams our guys came in 3rd in there group and 5 over all, it was a great result for them, our Div 2 guys had a smash on the way to site so we really weren't in the right frame of mind, but we'll be back at round 2 and thanks to all the teams we played !
Thanks to our sponsor Jon at lips for the paint and gear !!

One last massive thanks to the person that handed in my iPhone and saved me a huge fine from work! and massive thanks to Ainsley for looking after it and sending it back to me ! I believe I owe you both a beer !

Roll on round 2 !

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
I would echo the comments of @blakey64 in so much as the pit area for Div 4 was extremely cramped with players frequently bumping into others as they tried to make their way to the field but to be honest throughout the entire day this is the only complaint I have which says a lot for how it was run overall. I hear so much about the referees but would like to add my honest thoughts on it which basically boil down to simple yes and no answers (these are my own personal views and are not necessarily shared by my team mates or sponsors, nor are they directed at any individual's posts in this thread or any other thread):

Do I think that the refs are actually human and may occasionally get a decision wrong - YES
Do I think they were in any way biased in their decision making against my team (or any other team) - NO
Where we able to approach the head judge after a game and calmly discuss a decision - YES
Do I think there is anything to be gained by arguing with a ref about a decision whilst the game is still in play - NO
Do I apologise to my team mate for getting him pulled if I get a 1-4-1- YES
If I get pulled for 1-4-1 due to playing on whilst having a hit on my hopper that I haven't seen is that the ref's fault - NO
Am I annoyed when I am eliminated - YES
Is every time I am eliminated a ref's fault - NO
Do I think the existing refs do a better job than I could in their shoes - YES
Would I want to ref rather than play - NO

When I am playing on the field and a ref is laying face down in the mud, getting cold and wet and occasionally being hit with no opportunity to fire back do I appreciate the effort they are putting in so I can play the sport I love - NO
Should the answer to the above question be yes? - YES​

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Another Div 4 team here. Pits were pretty busy, so I'd echo the above sentiments, but I'm very grateful for the assigned tables. Thank you!

We practiced on the Saturday and played one of the London Tiger's teams quite a few times. We even took a point off of them!

This was our second experience of CPPS, but the first "proper" event (we played the seven man last year). Pretty good showing for us, went 5 and 2 in the prelims and lost one game in the matches after lunch. We ended up 6th, not too bad for five boys from the woods shooting semi-auto! Had the weather not changed (and LiPS not run out of 3 star which was shooting like a dream, the 4 star didn't like the cold) we might have gone 6 and 2, won our group and been in the 1st to 4th playoff!

Reffing was fair across the the day, though I did get pulled in our second to last match for bunker rub on my hopper (no shell, and from the state of my barrel I'd have thought it was clearly rub). Same thing happened to another of our guys in the same game but them's the breaks. Can't fault people who give their days up to set up an event, clean bunkers and put themselves in paints way to make sure we enjoy ourselves. So thank you refs!

Overall it was nice to spend the weekend with a bunch of like minded people, shoot a lot of paint and get shot. Won't forget getting to the Temple off the break and nailing someone as he bumped into the snake, shooting out my mirror and then bunkering the last guy without being hit! We all had an amazing time and can't wait on the next round.

Well worth the 600 mile round trip! Thanks to all the teams, the refs and everyone else who made the weekend!

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Thanks guys,

Staging will be sorted down at the bottom later this year when we build our astro field......as Elite will probably move up to there thus making the bottom field redundant on event days (or one other field if we rotate them for repairs etc).

Great to see so many people having such a good time at the site......really makes the team proud of what we have done in the past year and a half and you have our word we won't stop pushing the boundaries of what we have to offer. We're never content, we're always looking of ways to make it better and more importantly analysing how best to implement those changes for the good of the players and for the sport.

Your site, made by us.......

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Essex ACES has squads in both Div5 and Div4. Both squads are new entrants for 2014 and everyone really enjoyed the event. There was a real buzz and you can see the improvements from 2013 to 2014, so thanks to @Ainsley and his team for hosting such a professional event. Thanks to @L.i.P.S for the paint and other goods over the weekend

On both days we saw high quality reffing, with no serious concerns on calls throughout either day. Impressed the staging areas stood up to basically every UK weather type, wind, rain, hail, sun and tornadoes (just kidding about that one... ;) )

Our Div5 squad inadvertently packed up as their was a misunderstanding about the final game, so apologies for an honest mistake there! Our Div4 squad really enjoyed our battles with the other Teams in our Divison and look forward to banging heads in Rd2!

The chrono queue wasnt too bad, and always going to be a bottleneck at the start of the day. Would it be possible to have an area to test fire or bring your own chronos? That would be useful if you need to tech guns and not to hold up others who just need to "chrono and go"

The Div4 space was cramped and would welcome more space, but glad it was under cover at certain points in the day!. Our table was close to one of the field entrances, and yet there was never one issue with people coming through the relatively small gap, everyone was courteous and patient even in a rush to get to the field

Reactions: hoot
Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone know of any photographers that were on the field last sunday? Division 4?
Also a massive thankyou to all that were involved in making such a great event!