Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS Feedback Thread

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
^ In relation to 4

I tripped on the boundary rope EVERY game on the way to the start gate. Comedy value if anything. :D

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Hey Eric,

Just to review a few of my/your points!

2. That's what I'm saying if you read it again - I think teams should be made to stage from the far side only, to keep things separate.
3. Not required, but I like em
4. Sounds good to me - although a trip would be a nice indication of going OOB
5. The team schedules all got mixed up on field 3, resulting in a few teams having a gap of an hour and a half between games, then I recall Prophecy having to play back to back games at the end of the day to correct a missed game. It's not a big deal, I'm just saying having a board listing the next couple of games would make life simple for everyone if that ever occurred again
7. Not really my point at all.....if you look at the site, it's obvious that it's going to be the place not only to play, but to train, resulting in very heavy use week in week out. One wet winter and it won't take long for the field to get churned up to buggery.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Hey Eric,

Just to review a few of my/your points!

2. That's what I'm saying if you read it again - I think teams should be made to stage from the far side only, to keep things separate.
3. Not required, but I like em
4. Sounds good to me - although a trip would be a nice indication of going OOB
5. The team schedules all got mixed up on field 3, resulting in a few teams having a gap of an hour and a half between games, then I recall Prophecy having to play back to back games at the end of the day to correct a missed game. It's not a big deal, I'm just saying having a board listing the next couple of games would make life simple for everyone if that ever occurred again
7. Not really my point at all.....if you look at the site, it's obvious that it's going to be the place not only to play, but to train, resulting in very heavy use week in week out. One wet winter and it won't take long for the field to get churned up to buggery.
2. Trying to work out if it should say "should" or "shouldn't"
3. You can watch the rest of the game better from the side ;)
4. I had a bruised bum from tripping over them ropes, backing away from checking a player
5. I blame the Phantom scheduler mixer upper "C1 :confused:"
7. My point is the cost though and added to that doubt the college would give permission to effectively ruin the field. Note:- The field as it stands can still be used by the college for alternative events.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Photos from CPPS

I have uploaded some samples, click the banner in my sig below to navigate to the site.

I didn't get everywhere, or shoot everyone, apologies if I missed you out.

Enjoy

As for feedback, I think this is probably the best permanent site the UK has seen, the only thing I think it lacked was some clear signage from the main road, I missed the turning and got lost in the main campus :eek:

I'm sure Rich & Mark are on the case, as they probably are with the other stuff mentioned here, remember, they had less than a month to get this site to what it is now, and I think they ant their team have done a brilliant job so far!

chris w

CPPS Ref.
Nov 13, 2007
Penkridge
www.facebook.com
1 major flaw i saw was the actual entrances onto the fields.. after i'd finished reffing i went and spent some time with DJ Jimmy by his kit and watched the Xball on the field next to us... the field entrance wasnt covered and it would of only taken 1 stray paintball to do some serious damage to either equipment or someones face etc.. perhaps a scaffold structure on the front of the entrance covered in netting so players need to go through 2 doors, bit like the ways onto the fields at uttoxeter.
i noticed that too mate, im sure it'll get sorted though.

in all, loved reffing field 2, all the players were polite and respected the reffs decisions which doesn't normally happen :tsk: naughty ballers!
it does make a difference when you've been standing in the blazing heat for hours and a player comes over and says thanks and shakes your hand, makes it worth while :cool:

but yeah, site looked great. Big thanks Rich and everyone else involved. (i think i speak for everyone in saying that)
thanks to the other reffs and all the players! see you at the next round!

Chris