Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS rd 1. The good, the bad and the ugly. (feedback)

unistu

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2008
newcastle
few points that i have thought about

1.with the amount of teams that are turning up now i think abit more staging area would be good

2. also will agree with another maybe even 2 more chrono areas as that was a complete pig with a line of about a million people long.

3. some astro turf in the staging between the two fields as there was none

sorry just thought i would share

cheers stu

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Please guys do not feel bad about leaving what is percieved as negative feedback. Its only negative if it cannot be backed up by evidence and its just a moan or gripe. If something is wrong, as paying customers you are entitled to have a say be it good or bad. As ive said we can only make adjustments and improve if you tell us what was wrong. Most points i feel we have covered/addressed and they will be sorted for round 2 but keep it coming.

JNR-XV

www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
May 7, 2007
Basingstoke
www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
My only real comment about the whole setup is that the PA system could have been used for better use.

We had a running order of games, but games started a bit late and it was difficult keeping up with timings. The PA system could be used to call teams to fields the game before they are due to play for example.

We werent too sure about when our game would be, got to the field and had to wait 2 - 3 games before we were on.

Other then that Rich you did one hell of a job mate and you should be chuffed with the turnout, pat on the back young man!

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
The only thing for me that would have made life easier would be knowing what the other team codes were on the playing order sheet - its hard to know how long you have between games when you are not sure who is currently playing to work out your timings. If its not practical to have it on the sheets, maybe a whiteboard with the team codes would work?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
For reasons that I hope would seem obvious, I am gonna qualify my post by stating, this has nothing to do with my position as chairman of the Federation, I am not suggesting that as chairman of the Federation, I do not hold similar views but I need to distance them from my own in terms of accountability.

In this way, it makes things much less complicated for me personally and doesn't cause any problems for my fellow board members.

And so, my thoughts on the CPPS are likening it to a 'breath of fresh air blowing through UK paintball', and I think this is appropriate not so much because of anything I might say but because if everybody takes a look [even a cynical look] through the threads that are associated with the CPPS on our site, then there is a conspicuous lack of criticism made by its customers.

The reason I use the word 'customers' instead of players is because I like to sometimes don my consumer hat and assess the paintball product from a more traditional customer point of view.

And you cannot even begin to look at the CPPS paintball product, or any product for that matter, without crashing headlong into the almost clichéd 'value for money' mantra that is so relevant when it comes to things like this.

The CPPS has managed, either through the mass administering of MDMA to all its players, or maybe even giving true value for money [a truly novel concept here in UK Paintball], to persuade their customer base that they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Most sane people tend to purchase products based upon the two basic tenets of commerce, cost v quality, and in the case of the CPPS, there seems to be a curious mix of the two.

This curiosity is maybe due to another maxim rearing its head and goes something like, 'you only get what you pay for' and with that firmly in the front of your mind, I classed it as curious because it would seem that when you compare the costs of playing the CPPS with 'other' event series in the same locale, the CPPS is significantly cheaper, and that difference ain't small - in fact - the difference is insulting.

This lower cost of playing the CPPS would tend to infer there must be some compromise in terms of quality but looking at the acid test of any event, the response from the players / teams in these forums, there is NO discernible compromise whatsoever, in fact, much the reverse, there seems to be a distinct improvement in quality if we use the player's responses as a guide to said quality when compared elsewhere.

This reasonably beggars the question, 'how the hell can this be the case' ?
The answer is alarmingly simple and needs no introduction to any economics 101 reading material.

The answer lies in the fact of just how much money is taken out of the event and consequently reinvested, as against taken out of the event and stuffed disgustingly into a purse, with the whole process being masqueraded as 'reasonable profit'.

I am gonna revamp the, 'you get what you pay for' statement here and go with, 'you get what event you select'.

As customers, you guys have got a choice but please don't take my word for it, take the word of all those satisfied players who have bothered to post on these forums regarding their experiences with the CPPS.

Now, before I go any further, there will be some people who would love to suggest I am taking some form of back-hander/ favour from the CPPS guys and this is why I am going to the trouble of making this statement, I'm afraid this couldn't be further from the truth, I ain't in nobody's pocket, for certainty, these guys couldn't afford that anyway [I'm not quite sure what my price is as nobody has actually tried to pocket me anyway, I could be quite cheap for all I know]

The reason I am bothering to write this post is because as the vast majority of you will know, I am 100%, passionate and resolute that the UK paintball scene is restored to what it used to be and I genuinely believe, the guys who are behind this event series, Rich Harris and Mark, are genuine, honest guys, not out to rip the arse out of your wallets just to buy bigger houses for themselves.

I think from all the conversations I have had with them, especially Mark, they are seemingly just as interested in the idea that UK ball gets back on its feet as they are in making these events financially viable; in fact, after talking to them, they view these two considerations as mutually beneficial, which of course they are.

I ain't suggesting for one second they won't make a profit, we all need them to do just that to ensure their survival but....there's one thing making a profit, and it's quite another to indulge yourself chin-deep in greed and then try to camouflage that greed under oh so transparent timely reductions of entry fee and equally transparent pleas for feedback.

A lot of you guys have had the pi$s taken out of you but unfortunately, you had few options available to you for various reasons ... times have changed now, the Federation [my only mention, so forgive me] is endeavouring to create a more accountable climate where the players / customers get greater value for money, improved safety and a uniformed set of rules that is consistent all the way up to the new world order of federations that include the PSP and Millennium.

Syd Pelling's NSPL and the CPPS are the only leagues who can boast this accountability structure being a work in progress.
The whole idea of Federation sanctioning is to create this accountability structure running from UK events all the way thru this new world order.

With that new climate in mind, I think the CPPS may well dovetail into it quite comfortably, we shall have to wait and see what happens but the future looks brighter for you guys than it has ever done and for once, I am quite optimistic.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
lol, pete. i was going to quote your post for one bit, but then discovered it would need quoted in several sections, for several reasons.....

from the feedback of our guys this was a great intro to most of them to tourney paintball. didn't get to this myself, but am seriously going to try and get to the next one with them to see if it truly was all they made out.

i know tony and gaz are keen to continue to attend with the trade stand for various reasons, so rich must have made a good show of things with this event.

personally i'd like to wish rich/mark/BoP/CPPS all the best with this series of events and we should continue to do the rest of the events this season (and hopefully beyond) and maybe make the same kind of mark on the tourney season as we have in scenario.