Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS round 3

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Jason,

Thank you for your post - it's feedback like this that allows us to improve and I concur on a lot of your points. Totally agree re presentation. It is and always has been our intention to have the presentation on the Elite field, however with the weather being as it was for the past 2 events, we made the decision to do them on the staging so that we don't have 200 people walking onto the Elite field and further destroying our hard work! However, we do need to look at a better alternative, so thank you.

GI did indeed release a banner before the event showing the prize pool total, but not specific items. It's in the hands of the company sponsoring the event to make that decision however, not ours.

Russ, the water was pretty much unavoidable with the amount of rain we had in such heavy bursts. We're going to build up a few areas with another 40 tonne drop of planings, just to reduce the potential for this happening again.

Craig, yes, not sure who the lone ranger was who parked there (also with their window open), but was a silly place to park to say the least! August event.......if the weather isn't glorious, you'll find me hanging from the tree.

Guys, chill on Gonzo, a lot of what he is saying is getting lost in translation. He's looking to help and obviously a few calls he disagreed with which is his prerogative to do so. The referees on that field are in discussions about various events that day and will be taking all comments on board, good and bad in order to improve the overall performance. Don't think that they go home, job done and that's it until the next round. They're constantly being educated by the best in the business (Jabba and co) and the ref page is a hive of activity of various scenarios and questions/answers.

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
Had a cracking day. The only comment that i have i already mentioned on the day. Fill stations on Div 2 field were really slow to fill? 4.5K fills please :)

Last edited:

Hnt0r

Jan 2, 2013
Bath
Will keep this short and sweet....

- Amazing Event
- ****e weather
- Div 3 refs were quality
- Chrono's were a bit off? (read what gonzo said)
- The feedback from my guys was pretty much "cheers for today i've had a sick day, stoked for next event"

Ainsley im having problems with the field designer... i set it to "MAXIMUM SUNSHINE" and got "SOAKED MY BEST Y-FRONTS" ;)

Cheers everyone!

Reactions: Ainsley

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
One final thing that I'd like to mention here is respect.....which is a two way street. This isn't aimed at ANYONE on this thread, I'm just putting it out there as a general statement.

Shouting and abusing referees from the sidelines will NOT be tolerated. If you disagree with a call, come around to the ultimate and explain your concerns and your point of view in a calm and disciplined manner. Only then will anything be achieved. The ultimate can perhaps then educate that ref and adjust future calls accordingly on the day. Frankly, some of the language used by some people in our community is quite frankly embarrassing when on the snake side during games. Take a step back, listen to yourself and ask "would my family be proud of what I'm saying right now". The answer would probably be no in a lot of cases. You're entitled to opinion, but please think about how this is put across and who is around you at the time - children etc. We're a friendly series, and want to keep it that way :)

Thank you.

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Well said Ainsley.

When it come to reffing sport I've always been a fan of the respect that rugby players give their referees as opposed to the disrespect that many footballers seem to give theirs.

In paintball we obviously have to have a lot more refs to marshall our feilds so in my opinion we should have a lot more respect for them.

Many things can be said in the heat of battle and things will slip out occasionally but everyone should consider how they deal with officials and apologise if they know they cross a line. For the vast majority who do it right keep going, for those that don't, take a look in the mirror.

I personally always make an effort to shake all the refs and timekeepers hands at the end of the day regardless of the results or if I have agreed or disagreed with any calls.

Cheers Craig P - Team Kinetic

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Keep up the AMAZING work guys. Such a great event and as you know Ains we're HUGE fans of it. No-one likes to play in crappy weather but I'll be honest, with the Div 1 teams being so bloody good it means you kinda just forget about it. Get out there and play some hard and enjoyable ball against so incredible teams. We LOVE it!!

Big shout out to you and your team. A few things went pear shaped at the end but crap happens right?

Can't wait for round 5 (can't play 4 unfortunately...which SUCKS).

Al.

Russ

Ninja
Apr 28, 2013
Telford
www.consumergas.co.uk
I think we all just need to remember that we are really lucky to have such a good event in the UK, wasn't long ago that UK paintball looked pretty bleak to be fair, then cpps and ainsley came along and now we have a really awesome paintball event again!
It's even better than Ainsley and his team are always looking to improve the event as well, rather than just taking our money and running!

Reactions: Al Woods

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Just to throw in a few positives from the day, hopefully you all noticed our new scores system on the big screen (which all go live into the website). We're now working on the mobile site so the website works well with all the latest phones......so you'll be able to see the scores/schedules/seedings on the day from the tent you're stood in, with no need to even wander up to admin.

From an admin perspective, we hope to have our player/team register ready on the website for the next round, so all rosters will be done online. These can be edited by yourselves in time to show your website/facebook pages and links to any sponsors. We have lots of exciting things planned for this section of the website, all of which will be revealed in due course. We now scan all of our score sheets on the day as they come in and catalogue them all as a reference to our online data. We want to create a "history" for our sport, so that matches don't just become a thing of memory and legend.

Parking seemed a lot better from my point of view for this round, no one stuck etc. It's a shame we had to move the trade to the top, but sure you can all appreciate why we did it. Hopefully by the next round we'll be baking in the sun, and the trade area will be moved back to it's original position (and extended)!
All of this made me happier than you can imagine. I couldn't make it this time around, but I was able to watch how my guys were doing rather than waiting until they got back up to Edinburgh to let me know :) The finals bit at the bottom was slightly confusing as they were game 3 and I got insanely excited thinking they'd come 3rd, but that could just be me being daft and not reading things properly ;)

leach

Disruption!
May 10, 2008
Personally Ains, I thought it was a great event considering the rain. Having reffed in the rain before, I know how this is the most depressing thing you can do, so well done to the refs for the job they did it's hard enough when it's sunny, yet they were still on top of it even though they all mustve been soaking. I don't really know how these events can be improved besides the weather. Maybe you could employ some soviets to fire silver oxide at the sky to disperse the clouds.